The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Anyone seen Maggie? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/anyone-seen-maggie-17039/)

JustDressageIt 11-04-2008 09:31 PM

Anyone seen Maggie?

I haven't chatted with Maggie (QuarterPony) in a few days, which is unusual, usually we talk a lot .. I just want to see if she's okay - if anyone's heard from her??
Thanks!

Gingerrrrr 11-04-2008 09:32 PM

i was wondering the same thing!

NorthernMama 11-04-2008 10:04 PM

I haven't chatted with her (I don't chat), but here is a post from her yesterday on another thread
http://www.horseforum.com/suggestion...62/#post179765

So, I guess she must still be at home... in bed... being bored... Hope all is well with her.

Moxie 11-04-2008 10:35 PM

I talked with her, I think yesterday.

amandaandeggo 11-04-2008 10:37 PM

omg jdi stop stalking maggie lol jk

Mike_Admin 11-05-2008 08:50 AM

Hi guys,

A member pm'd the moderator team with evidence that all of the horses QuarterPony had been posting about, posting pictures of, etc., were not her own.

For instance, this picture, one of many QuarterPony posted of "Nory"

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...anch/nory2.jpg

Is the very same picture of "Corcia", featured here Prairie Thunder Gypsys - Corcia - Mare

http://penner.becquet.ca/images/mare_corcia_13.jpg

The above is only one example.

Because maintaining the integrity of the forum for our members is a priority, we asked QuarterPony about it. We'd hoped there would be a simple explanation. Rather than offer one, though, she wrote back saying she hadn't taken any of the pictures of her horses herself but that they were sent to her by a "friend", asked that her threads discussing her horses be removed, and said she had been thinking about leaving the Horse Forum anyway.

After much deliberation among the moderator team, we obliged and banned her for what amounted to a prolonged, extravagant campaign of lies and deceipt to members of this community.

This is something nobody likes to do, and we seriously considered giving her a stern warning and asking her to apologize to the community, but decided her egregious conduct warranted a ban for the following reasons:

Quote:

By banning her we would be

1) Upholding the integrity of this community
2) Showing members we are looking out for them
3) Arguably helping QuarterPony herself by teaching her a valuable lesson about lying

By not banning her, we'd be

1) Sending the message that we allow this kind of nonsense to go on here
2) Not teaching any kind of lesson to QuarterPony
3) Lessening members' abilities to trust the people they meet and relationships they establish here. By banning members who are exposed as frauds, the rest of the community can be confidant that such people are weeded out.
While we feel for QuarterPony because she clearly enjoyed it here, we are confident that we have done right by the community and by QuarterPony, herself, as she will very likely think twice before carrying on like this again.

You don't have to own horses to participate at the Horse Forum. Because we care about our members and this community, though, you can't lie extravagantly to everyone about everything.

I'm sure people will have different ideas about how this should have been handled, but I hope you can appreciate that the moderators and I thought it through and did our very best to do right by everyone.

Sincerely,
Mike

Moxie 11-05-2008 09:04 AM

I'll miss Maggie.

JustDressageIt 11-05-2008 12:26 PM

Oh wow... appearantly I miss a lot. Ha... well I'll miss her, she was really nice..
Thank you for taking the time to type that out Mike.

DashAwayAll 11-07-2008 12:16 PM

:shock: Oh my.

Thank you for the kind explaination, Big Cheese of the Forum.

* sighs* You just never know with some folks. A couple years ago a troll stole my name after being banned from another forum..... and to add insult to injury I was the third choice! :evil: She was caught using a couple other folks first. It was Solon who tipped me off. LOL, if you ever saw a post by me but with these dang things ~~~~~~~~ it wasn't me!

TaMMa89 11-07-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DashAwayAll (Post 183246)
:shock: Oh my.

Thank you for the kind explaination, Big Cheese of the Forum.

* sighs* You just never know with some folks. A couple years ago a troll stole my name after being banned from another forum..... and to add insult to injury I was the third choice! :evil: She was caught using a couple other folks first. It was Solon who tipped me off. LOL, if you ever saw a post by me but with these dang things ~~~~~~~~ it wasn't me!

I remember a big hassle which happened on other forum some years ago. There was a user there who existed as someone else and invented a story regarding a very serious theme. Besides it this user stole some pictures of someone else's photo gallery and told that the girl in those pictures was she. I didn't interfere in her topics but remember how I read those where the participants tried to resolve whole the snarl. I don't know if she got serious results about this but I can say I really wouldn't have wanted to be in her pants when everything came out and I recommend lying even on the web nobody (I can admit that when I was younger I misbehaved on some chat rooms :oops:).