The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Sport Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/sport-horses/)
-   -   frozen semen brokers.... the good the bad and the ugly (http://www.horseforum.com/sport-horses/frozen-semen-brokers-good-bad-ugly-171257/)

WildAcreFarms 04-08-2013 09:43 PM

frozen semen brokers.... the good the bad and the ugly

I was wondering if anyone on the forum has had good bad or ??? experiences about the frozen semen brokers? I'm thinking about breeding my nice TB mare to a WB stallion and a lot of the ones i like ship frozen semen. I've heard horror stories about bad frozen semen, either bad batches, exploding straws, or stallions whos semen simply doesn't freeze well, and some of the Brokers or stallion owners don't seem to care.... others are very good or so i hear.

what has been your experience?

HGEsquire 05-17-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildAcreFarms (Post 2171825)
I was wondering if anyone on the forum has had good bad or ??? experiences about the frozen semen brokers? I'm thinking about breeding my nice TB mare to a WB stallion and a lot of the ones i like ship frozen semen. I've heard horror stories about bad frozen semen, either bad batches, exploding straws, or stallions whos semen simply doesn't freeze well, and some of the Brokers or stallion owners don't seem to care.... others are very good or so i hear.

what has been your experience?

This is a great question! I have not had experience on the mares end with an outside stallion as of yet but most likely will in the future.

We have just frozen our WB Approved Purebred Arabian stallion HG Esquire+ the past week with plans to collect tomorrow and once more to have enough for 25 mares with 4 straws per breeding alotted.

The numbers look great and I expect there not to be any problems. If for any reason a mare owner should have an unforseen issue with semen we ship, frozen or cooled, we will want to make it right. I call that quality customer service and for us that is right at the top of priorities! In fact we have planned to give one breeding away of the frozen at n/c other than the standard shipping, etc. which is all handled by MW Equine. It is yet another testament to how we treat those that we do business with.

If you do decide to go the frozen route, would be great if you would in fact share your experience(s).

Thanks for starting this thread!

Denise Gainey

WildAcreFarms 05-17-2013 03:04 PM

Hey Denise,
I have appreciated your boy HG Esquire+ from afar for several years :)
Lovely Arabian stallion and his kids are great too. Good luck with the frozen semen! your producing some really nice babies :)
WAF

HGEsquire 05-17-2013 09:49 PM

Thank You

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildAcreFarms (Post 2544346)
Hey Denise,
I have appreciated your boy HG Esquire+ from afar for several years :)
Lovely Arabian stallion and his kids are great too. Good luck with the frozen semen! your producing some really nice babies :)
WAF

Thank You!! We are quite proud of the job he is doing in the breeding shed! He is continuing to prove himself as a consistent sire over and over :D

I've sent you a message via your site.

Denise Gainey

Sereno 05-17-2013 09:58 PM

Is this scripted ... or what?

HGEsquire 05-17-2013 10:31 PM

Please explain?? Specifics detailed/outlined Sereno??

Denise Gainey

tinyliny 05-17-2013 11:16 PM

I think he meant to say, and maybe could have done it with a bit more tact, that your post sounded a bit like an advertisement.

waresbear 05-18-2013 12:08 AM

What is a semen "broker"?

HGEsquire 05-18-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyliny (Post 2548474)
I think he meant to say, and maybe could have done it with a bit more tact, that your post sounded a bit like an advertisement.

It did sound as if that was what was meant to me as well. I wondered if that was in fact what was insinuated and asked directly. Too bad mentioning intent to offer the best in customer service always from the stallion owners side of the question was taken as an advertisement. There are stallion owners/brokers who take great pride in their services, don't mind saying so and we are one of them.

Regarding our own experience we hope ours will be good as would all mare owners I am sure. If it isn't of course we will say so, if it is we of course will say so as well. Customer Service and caring about your business, clients, reputation, etc. is in fact why some get business and others do not. Regardless the nature of the business...................

Denise Gainey

HGEsquire 05-18-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waresbear (Post 2548858)
What is a semen "broker"?

A semen broker is one that stores/sells/ships Frozen Semen for many many Stallions. Judy Yancey in FLA is a broker ~ Judy's News: Current list of frozen semen in my tanks:

Denise Gainey