The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Jobs (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-jobs/)
-   -   Looking for working-student position (I am currently in DFW) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-jobs/looking-working-student-position-i-am-171433/)

neeks 04-09-2013 08:30 AM

Looking for working-student position (I am currently in DFW)

Hello,

I am currently looking for a working student position. I would be willing to relocate if living quarters were included or I would love to work in exchange for knowledge and/or horse boarding anywhere in the DFW metroplex. Please PM me if you have something available or know of someone who does.

Thank you!

boots 04-12-2013 08:02 AM

Polo season is gearing up in your area. While polo may not even make your list of interests, the horse community there is quite interwoven. Horsemen in one discipline know horsemen in other disciplines.

If you can just get "in" to a barn, you can let your goals be known and if you show a good work ethic and even a little willingness to learn how to do your duties well, a recommendation from one of the players or barn managers can go a long way in helping you find your dream position. (phew, that was a long sentence!)

neeks 04-12-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boots (Post 2204865)
Polo season is gearing up in your area. While polo may not even make your list of interests, the horse community there is quite interwoven. Horsemen in one discipline know horsemen in other disciplines.

If you can just get "in" to a barn, you can let your goals be known and if you show a good work ethic and even a little willingness to learn how to do your duties well, a recommendation from one of the players or barn managers can go a long way in helping you find your dream position. (phew, that was a long sentence!)

Thanks boots! I will look into that. I appreciate it.