The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barrel Racing (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/)
-   -   Keeping Horse Boots Clean (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/keeping-horse-boots-clean-171553/)

barrelracer11 04-09-2013 12:23 PM

Keeping Horse Boots Clean

Just wondering what way you keep your horse boots clean! Also what has been the most effective way to keep them from staining.

BarrelRacingLvr 04-09-2013 02:03 PM

I try to brush them off after I ride in them to keep the dirt off, also try to hide them off a few times a year. If they are super dirty I will spray them with Resolve stain remover and it takes the stains right out!!

I recently washed all my SMBs and Bells....my green boots were super dirty and they look brand new. Same with my white Bellboots that were dark brown and green....sprayed on some Resolve then let it sit for a few minutes then scrub them good they are now WHITE again! I was amazed. I also just make sure I rinse them really good toget all the Resolve off.
Posted via Mobile Device

barrelracer11 04-09-2013 02:20 PM

Really?! I've never thought of actually using a stain remover! I will have to try that! Thanks! I always rinse mine off after runs but they always stain!

cowgirl4753 04-09-2013 02:24 PM

You can also get boot covers, they come in some cool designs. I haven't used them myself so not sure how well they work but could be worth a try
Posted via Mobile Device

beau159 04-10-2013 11:36 AM

If the boots aren't that dirty, I'll let them dry, and then brush them off.

After they've been worn a few times (or get muddy) then it's time to wash them. I hand wash the boots with a mild detergent. It takes a little elbow grease to get them clean, but it does the trick. Rinse them off well to get all the soap out, and then air dry. Good as new!

DrumRunner 04-16-2013 11:01 AM

Pretty much what the others have said but occasionally I like to clean mine with a pressure washer, if you don't have one handy you can take them to one of those big car wash places and use the sprayer there.. Works wonders. I actually wash all of my nylon things that way.

texasgal 04-16-2013 11:06 AM

Horse boots? Clean? Who knew??

MangoRoX87 04-18-2013 10:03 PM

I like OxyClean;)
Posted via Mobile Device