The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse mane growth

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  greentree 
#1 ·
This is my horse and I wanted to share my mane growth success without doing anything to it. It took about 9 to 10 months but now I am going to try new things to grow it even longer and faster.

Before: You can see the chunk missing in his mane, I cut it even but dont have any pics of that.

After/about 3 weeks ago. you can see now its all even and long. He is a paint and you know how there known for not really being able to grow manes and tails, he can pretty good though. His tail touches the ground and I have to CUT it so he doesn't step on it.

My new remedies will soon be Africa's Best Super Gro Maximum Strength Hair & Scalp Conditioner, 5.25 oz, MSM (adding right to his mane mixed with water or olive oil haven't decided yet) and im also feeding him 1 and 1/2lb of Natural Glo by Manna Pro and 1/2lb of Flaxseed. I swear by and notice a HUGE difference in his coat when I spray pure apple cider vinegar on him I started off last year trying to use it as a fly spray due to him being allergic to chemical sprays and I found it sucks as a fly spray but is AMAZING as a coat condisioner ans makes him SHINE like a million bucks lol. Its also great during shedding season when they get itchy thats why im using it now. I will keep you guys updated on his mane and tail progress and if my remedies work. :D

See less See more
#2 ·
Awesome progress, but I have no idea where you heard paints don't grow hair that well? My Paint yearling's mane has grown 4-5 inches in just 6 months. I cut it in October for a halter show and I think I'm about to cut it again. I don't do anything for his hair either.
Posted via Mobile Device

#3 ·
Awesome progress, but I have no idea where you heard paints don't grow hair that well? My Paint yearling's mane has grown 4-5 inches in just 6 months. I cut it in October for a halter show and I think I'm about to cut it again. I don't do anything for his hair either.
Posted via Mobile Device
I just heard that from lots of people maybe because they didnt have any luck with there paints idk, his dad doesnt have a thick mane and tail like him and isnt as long as my boys. so his mom must have a pretty good mane and tail and his mom was the one that was a paint.

This is his dad

#4 ·
Oh daddy is pretty.

My colt is a PaintxQH cross, registered APHA. He has no problem growing hair. :lol:

Middle of October

A couple weeks ago :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.