The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   a good example of why you should wear a helmet (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/good-example-why-you-should-wear-172193/)

dlpark2 04-10-2013 01:56 PM

a good example of why you should wear a helmet

Teenage Kicked in Head By Horse After Falling While Jumping

Although, I don't think she should of been jumping, on frozen ground, in the cold, but I am glad she was smart enough to wear a helmet. Imagine what would of happened if she had not had a helmet.

wetrain17 04-10-2013 02:03 PM

::sigh, trying to be polite:: She's very lucky.

AlexS 04-10-2013 02:05 PM

That horse would be seeing a bullet, that was totally deliberate.

NBEventer 04-10-2013 02:09 PM

I saw this this morning. The owner swears it was an accident and the horse is a total sweetheart and it just refused and she fell off and it kicked out in fear.

I translate it to - "I am a moron and my horse knows it."

dlpark2 04-10-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBEventer (Post 2186817)
I saw this this morning. The owner swears it was an accident and the horse is a total sweetheart and it just refused and she fell off and it kicked out in fear.

I translate it to - "I am a moron and my horse knows it."

Hahahaha! I so agree!

AlexS 04-10-2013 02:16 PM

I'd think a blow to the head like that would knock some sense into people, apparently not.
Hoping she's ok.

Hang on Fi 04-10-2013 02:19 PM

Great day what a kick! She is lucky for that helmet of hers.

cakemom 04-10-2013 02:20 PM

We had a young girl die here last month when her horse fell in a freak accident and she hit her head.
Oddly enough my daughter has a concussion right now, years wearing a helmet riding and some punk kid causes her to fall in PE and hit her head on the wall and she's injured. I told her she has to wear a helmet to PE now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Iseul 04-10-2013 02:35 PM

I have to agree with Alex. That horse would've been shot. That was no "random kick because the rider fell and spooked the horse", that horse completely swung his hind around and kicked at her.

I also have a feeling that isn't the first time that horse has kicked at a person.
Posted via Mobile Device

demonwolfmoon 04-10-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexS (Post 2186769)
That horse would be seeing a bullet, that was totally deliberate.

COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU! My husband watched the video with me, and the first thing out of his mouth was "I'd have shot that horse". LOL.

Completely and utterly intentional. He aimed right at her head.