The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   The million dollar idea (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/million-dollar-idea-172633/)

DancingArabian 04-11-2013 10:53 AM

The million dollar idea

Someone needs to do this near me and I will be your best customer!

Someone needs to make a Desensitizing Farm. People pay money, bring their horse and horse gets time to interact with various horse-eating animals, such as: deer, cow, goats, sheep, pigs, mini ponies, mini donks, regular donks, mules, mini mules if they exist, chickens, gophers, turkeys and whatever else strikes your fancy. Maybe a pack of hounds too. Horsey gets time to snort n blow, suspiciously eyeball and generally get over the creatures commonly jumping out from the brush in the distance, convincing your horse that a horrible death is only seconds away.

(My horse almost lost his fool mind over a gopher and then over a cow that had climbed the neighbors fence)

Please also include multi day pass discounts.
Posted via Mobile Device

wetrain17 04-11-2013 11:08 AM

There's one by me that I see advertise on CL. I think they even have fire pits you have to work around. Its a weekend course.

DancingArabian 04-11-2013 11:21 AM

I've seen obstacle courses and bombproofing clinics near me but none of them have animals. :( He does well with the obstacles and even with fire! Animals though are just difficult to desensitize him to without interaction. He doesn't spook hard, he'll give a lame attempt at running. I'd really just like him to not worry about other critters like those at all.
Posted via Mobile Device

feistymomma 04-11-2013 11:42 AM

Well, I have most of those animals :-) I guess I should open up shop!

maura 04-11-2013 01:31 PM

I have a friend that runs a very busy riding school and farm. It's a British style open yard, and at any given moment, there are tractors, farm equipment, cars, ATVs, children in strollers, children riding bikes, dogs, cats, chickens, all coming and going. Add in a hundred or so weekly lesson students and their families, the farrier. And nearby pastures with donkeys, llamas, sheep and cows.

I love getting horses from her. A few months in that yard, they no longer look at ANYTHING.

DancingArabian 04-11-2013 02:04 PM

Sounds noisy but fun!

My horse is also fine with airplanes and helicopters, construction, ATV, motorcycles, bikes, construction vehicles(even dump trucks dumping stuff). A gopher though...now why would I expect him to be okay with that?! I must have lost my mind :) okay the cow climbing the fence was creepy but it was a young cow so they're crafty.
Posted via Mobile Device

EmsTNWalkers 04-11-2013 03:03 PM

So basically you need to find a petting zoo to ride in :lol:

Really I think it's a great idea!