The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   First show in 3 months...Time to panick or train?!? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/first-show-3-months-time-panick-172897/)

Stichy 04-11-2013 04:43 PM

First show in 3 months...Time to panick or train?!?

I'm hyperventilating...I got my first show in 3 months..And then another one ater that...And another one after that...Gahh! My first one will just be in our town, I'll be doing the PARADE! and possibly preformance, and probably gaming....I don't know what the other shows have, haven't got any info on them yet...I'm so freaked out! And I don't know why, because I still have three months! Mom wants to enter Annie in something, but we don't know because she's kinda spooky...But Brandy we will definatly show. Any tips for training for preformance? And this is from last years schedule, but they never really change it. It freaks me out because they still haven't set anything up for the fair (like a schedule), I mean, what if I've been training for preformance for 3 months, and they suddenly change it?!? GAHH! So freaked out!

Live2Ride15 04-11-2013 11:26 PM

Okay to start take a deep breath and calm down. My advice would be to train for what you are expecting to have to do train for preformance and if they change it dont worry too much. If they change it then you can just go and do it for the fun and learning from the sudden change.

Train for performance and dont worry too much about it.

Good luck with your shows!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Stichy 04-12-2013 02:08 AM

Thanks! I'm so excited about the parade, I can't wait to learn what the theme is!

englishjumper16 04-14-2013 12:45 PM

If your doing a parade you should make sure your horse is okay with loud noises being around large crowds etc... For shows just take deep breaths focus on the positive how much fun your going to have doing the thing you love, and showing how good you are to a crowd. And if your horse acts up don't get discouraged all horses will acted up. I was so nervous for my first show (even thought it was like 9 years ago I still remember) I almost threw up. Then after I did my first class people were impressed with my riding and I felt a lot better. So don't be nervous and OVER PREPARE bring everything you need and more. I learned that the hard way. Also if you think you should do something extra go ahead and do it. Sometimes the judge give you extra points for extra good appearance!!! :)

Stichy 04-14-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Sometimes the judge give you extra points for extra good appearance!!! :)
I didn't know that!
Brandy is pretty good around crowds, loud noises, etc...Even if kids jump at her face she's fine (though I'd rather they didn't...) The one major thing I'm worried about is if she goes into heat before the show...Yikes!

churumbeque 04-14-2013 02:22 PM

wish I had 3 months until my 1st event.

Stichy 04-14-2013 02:45 PM

When's yours? What will you be doing?

churumbeque 04-14-2013 02:51 PM

Mid June. Carriage drving. we have not had good weather to work horses this year
Posted via Mobile Device

Stichy 04-14-2013 03:09 PM

Ohh...Sounds fun!

Stichy 05-02-2013 04:08 PM

So, I decided I'm just going to do gaming this year...But now I'm kinda mad...
They probably aren't doing the fair this year! Ugh! Kinda hoping for my first show to be in my hometown, but whatever...I wanted to show off one of my pretty babies to everyone in town! I had an idea for the parade, that depending on what the theme was, and if Annie was bombproof by then (which she is doing pretty good) I'd dress up like an Indian and Annie would be my Indian pony, and I'd paint her with hand prints and stuff, and I'd tie some bird feathers to her bit...Would have been a good idea, huh?