The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Protection (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/)
-   -   I hope I can help save this poor colt (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/i-hope-i-can-help-save-172953/)

Peppy Barrel Racing 04-11-2013 05:48 PM

I hope I can help save this poor colt

While picking up a friends horse to take to the vet I noticed a sad sight. This poor colt starving and emaciated in a small lot full of trash. I honestly dont know how this guy has the energy to stand he has wasted so severely. His back, croup, and neck muscles have wasted making him look hollow with just skin stretched over bone. How can someone look at this poor baby everday and just ignore it. It sickens me that people can be so cruel. If you can't afford to care for the horse don't own one its that simple. This is the best pic I have of him the sun was kinda working against me but you can see his hollow neck and topline. I called the local humane society about him 2 weeks ago but I'm not sure if they've done anything since I went by today and he was still there. I called today about him so hopefully I can get an update. I even offered to foster him. This horse needs to be removed I don't see him living much longer.
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps8de13e7a.jpg

Endiku 04-11-2013 05:55 PM

Poor little guy! If the humane society won't do anything, you might want to try a private rescue organization and get the media involved.

KyMoMoF3CuTiEs 04-11-2013 06:48 PM

Poor guy! Keep is posted about him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dreamcatcher Arabians 04-11-2013 06:53 PM

Call the county sheriff and if they won't move call the TV, channel 9 in OKC does these stories fairly frequently.

waresbear 04-11-2013 07:01 PM

People who keep their property like a junkyard, with starving animals decorating the landscape are not right in the head. Good luck rescuing this poor animal, so so sad!
Posted via Mobile Device

tinyliny 04-11-2013 07:54 PM

JEEZ! and all that green grass on this side of his fence! Def . call the SPCA or humane society. That is not acceptable!

Peppy Barrel Racing 04-11-2013 08:13 PM

I called the humane society 2 weeks ago. I called them today so hopefully they will call me back today or tomorrow and see if I can get some sort of update. If they won't do anything I'll call the sheriff's department next since the are outside city limits.
Posted via Mobile Device

dlpark2 04-11-2013 08:57 PM

OMG, the poor thing!!! Call the cops, the media, ASPCA, anyone you can think off....that poor horse needs to get out of there ASAP! Keep us posted.

demonwolfmoon 04-11-2013 08:58 PM

OH dear god, offer them $50 bucks for the poor thing and it'd probably save him a lot faster than calling AC =/

It's a crap thing to have to resort to, but honestly by the time the respective "helping" agencies get going, he's going to be feet up in the air.

^the above is assuming there is no illness making him look like that, but if the surroundings are not that wholesome, it's probably just neglect

dlpark2 04-11-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonwolfmoon (Post 2201121)
OH dear god, offer them $50 bucks for the poor thing and it'd probably save him a lot faster than calling AC =/

It's a crap thing to have to resort to, but honestly by the time the respective "helping" agencies get going, he's going to be feet up in the air.

^the above is assuming there is no illness making him look like that, but if the surroundings are not that wholesome, it's probably just neglect

I just said that to my husband after I posted what I posted that I would even be more proactive and been on their front porch offering them money for the horse.