The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   My baby (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/my-baby-17347/)

Joshie 11-11-2008 01:48 AM

My baby

She's getting sick again. I'm so frustrated. She's already had pneumonia this year. Now both sides of her neck are huge. She's got swollen lymph nodes along her neck. It's noticeable. She looks like she plays football. Called PCP today and they can't get her in. They suggested going to a prompt care and I said, "Thanks but no thanks." They were supposed to call me back today but didn't.

I'm just so frustrated. She is retracting in her sleep. I can hear her upper respiratory junk from downstairs.

I think it's going to be a very long winter!

TaMMa89 11-11-2008 03:41 AM

Awww :-( Hope that the little girl get well soon.

RegalCharm 11-11-2008 07:16 AM

Get well Little One. it always makes the parents feel bad too
when the little ones get sick. Healing prayers for your daughter.

Angel_Leaguer 11-11-2008 08:19 AM

I hope she starts to feel better soon

Joshie 11-11-2008 10:23 AM

She didn't need oxygen last night, which is good. But she's sounding like she's getting the pneumonia again. I think I'm going to throw a hissy fit and insist they do a chest Xray today. She was retracting (muscles pulling in, showing breathing was taking a lot of effort) last night and her pulse was pretty high (like 120 in sleep). No fever yet!

Dumas'_Grrrl 11-11-2008 11:12 AM

I would ask for the x-rays too. If you have already been down this road with your little you know better than the doctor when the symptoms are presenting.

I feel that a lot of the time the Dr. doesn't listen to the mom enough. Usually we (moms) KNOW whats happening even before the infection takes hold to provide the fever.

I shopped around for a good Doc that would listen to me. I don't run my kids for every snotty nose and cough...but when it's serious, I just know and take them in.

Stick to your guns Momma!!!! I'm sending healing prayers your way too!!!!

ArabianAmor 11-11-2008 12:04 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your baby!! :( I hope things get better and you will be in my prayers as well. ;)

My2Geldings 11-11-2008 02:42 PM

She must have something going to cause this over and over again. I've only met one horse who's had it but he had already been diagnosed with lung disease which makes him prone to all type of lung infections. That is really unfortunate tho, I hope it's a quick recovery.

FGRanch 11-11-2008 03:08 PM

I'm confused is this conversation about a kid or a horse?

Dumas'_Grrrl 11-11-2008 04:09 PM

LOL..me too Fehr!!!! I thought it was about a human baby???