The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (
-   -   Things you forget/save (

Jehanzeb 11-11-2008 10:18 AM

Things you forget/save
Dear all,

Today strangely enough I had a mood to drink coffee during my lunch time, so I was looking at the coffee jar at home and found one. It looked fine and had no dust or anything around it.

While I was reading how to make it (as generally I can't make tea let alone coffee but wanted to try it), I read, it stated Best Before September 2006!

I was like what the....!! Yes! it has been there ever since and I didn't know that it has been there.

So my question is, did you find anything after so long at your house/office?

Joshie 11-11-2008 10:25 AM

Oh, man, YES, you have no idea!

Dumas'_Grrrl 11-11-2008 11:07 AM

Oh my... Yes!!! Food is the one that bothers me the most though. I tend to buy a candy bar, put it up for later and find it as I clean the cupboards. Expired chips are common place here too. I hate it when I buy cottage cheese at the store because it sounds good and then never get the urge to eat it/forget that it's there and then find it look at the date on the carton and Pfffffft.. It was good 2 months ago!!

Every once in a while I will clean out my closet...I try to do it 1x/year but that doesn't always happen. I usually find presents that I picked up for the kids or the family and missed giving it to them for their birthday or christmas! :roll:

Angel_Leaguer 11-11-2008 12:25 PM

wow... food becomes non existant in our house sometimes. Both of us hate grocery shopping so we will go 3-4 weeks at a time (other then picking up milk and bread). The only downside to that is that the bill is pretty spendy after check-out... lol but we dont waste much at all. We (well I... BF doesnt cook much) also cook for atleast 4 so that we have lunch for the next day.

TaMMa89 11-11-2008 01:33 PM

I once used dry yeast which was outdated four years earlier. And it worked.

We have (or had a couple years ago; I don't know if we still have) a bag of tea which was produced in 1989. It's funny to think that I was born in this year.

kickshaw 11-11-2008 02:41 PM

my dad had this thing of sour cream in his fridge for over 10 lie. He wouldn't throw it out either...but he decided to toss it when he moved last year :lol:

i'm the worst about putting money somewhere and forgetting about it - just last year I found $500 in my had to have been there for at least four years!

Dumas'_Grrrl 11-11-2008 04:10 PM

Can I borrow some show clothes????? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

kickshaw 11-12-2008 01:37 PM

sure - showclothes never have any money in them! they just have peppermint wrappers...teehee

(unless you count my lucky dollar in my left boot! :lol: )