The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Things you forget/save (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/things-you-forget-save-17358/)

Jehanzeb 11-11-2008 09:18 AM

Things you forget/save

Dear all,

Today strangely enough I had a mood to drink coffee during my lunch time, so I was looking at the coffee jar at home and found one. It looked fine and had no dust or anything around it.

While I was reading how to make it (as generally I can't make tea let alone coffee but wanted to try it), I read, it stated Best Before September 2006!

I was like what the....!! Yes! it has been there ever since and I didn't know that it has been there.

So my question is, did you find anything after so long at your house/office?

Regards

Joshie 11-11-2008 09:25 AM

Oh, man, YES, you have no idea!

Dumas'_Grrrl 11-11-2008 10:07 AM

Oh my... Yes!!! Food is the one that bothers me the most though. I tend to buy a candy bar, put it up for later and find it as I clean the cupboards. Expired chips are common place here too. I hate it when I buy cottage cheese at the store because it sounds good and then never get the urge to eat it/forget that it's there and then find it look at the date on the carton and Pfffffft.. It was good 2 months ago!!

Every once in a while I will clean out my closet...I try to do it 1x/year but that doesn't always happen. I usually find presents that I picked up for the kids or the family and missed giving it to them for their birthday or christmas! :roll:

Angel_Leaguer 11-11-2008 11:25 AM

wow... food becomes non existant in our house sometimes. Both of us hate grocery shopping so we will go 3-4 weeks at a time (other then picking up milk and bread). The only downside to that is that the bill is pretty spendy after check-out... lol but we dont waste much at all. We (well I... BF doesnt cook much) also cook for atleast 4 so that we have lunch for the next day.

TaMMa89 11-11-2008 12:33 PM

I once used dry yeast which was outdated four years earlier. And it worked.

We have (or had a couple years ago; I don't know if we still have) a bag of tea which was produced in 1989. It's funny to think that I was born in this year.

kickshaw 11-11-2008 01:41 PM

my dad had this thing of sour cream in his fridge for over 10 years...no lie. He wouldn't throw it out either...but he decided to toss it when he moved last year :lol:

i'm the worst about putting money somewhere and forgetting about it - just last year I found $500 in my showbag...it had to have been there for at least four years!

Dumas'_Grrrl 11-11-2008 03:10 PM

Can I borrow some show clothes????? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

kickshaw 11-12-2008 12:37 PM

sure - showclothes never have any money in them! they just have peppermint wrappers...teehee

(unless you count my lucky dollar in my left boot! :lol: )