The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Big Horn Saddles? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/big-horn-saddles-174001/)

horsecrazygirl13 04-13-2013 12:56 PM

Big Horn Saddles?

Hi I found a Big Horn saddle. Are they good quality?
16" Used Big Horn Western Saddle Horse Tack Very Nice | eBay

SouthernTrails 04-13-2013 01:07 PM

The old ones are very nice.....

FlyGap 04-13-2013 01:40 PM

I like that one!! We have two, around 10 years old and they are extremely comfy and have fit just about any horse.
Posted via Mobile Device

horsecrazygirl13 04-13-2013 02:55 PM

Great! I like it too. It's a cool price, too. Does it have full quarterhorse bars?

Golden Horse 04-13-2013 03:05 PM

Nice saddle, and cracking price, but unless you have a drop box in the States remember to add around $100 for shipping, customs and import duties!

horsecrazygirl13 04-13-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Horse (Post 2218281)
Nice saddle, and cracking price, but unless you have a drop box in the States remember to add around $100 for shipping, customs and import duties!

Yeah, we have a "mailbox" in the states.:D

Saddlebag 04-13-2013 05:30 PM

Shipping will run you around $100 by USPS as it has to come Priority when it's thro ebay. If they only ship courier forget it, you don't have enough money. At the post office you may be charged whatever tax you normally pay if you bought it in Alberta. The post office adds on their $8 to collect the tax. If you don't pay any additional tax then these charges won't apply. There is no longer any duty. By crossing the border, your only saving would be on mailing and it may still run around $55. That saddle is no lightweight, I'm thinking 35lb. BTW, it was probably made in the early 60's and I'm betting it has a rawhide covered tree. One of those you can't kill.

SouthernTrails 04-13-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horsecrazygirl13 (Post 2218169)
Great! I like it too. It's a cool price, too. Does it have full quarterhorse bars?

It says 7.5 gullet, which is a wide QH bar.

The pics looks like it is pretty wide.

horsecrazygirl13 04-13-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saddlebag (Post 2219633)
Shipping will run you around $100 by USPS as it has to come Priority when it's thro ebay. If they only ship courier forget it, you don't have enough money. At the post office you may be charged whatever tax you normally pay if you bought it in Alberta. The post office adds on their $8 to collect the tax. If you don't pay any additional tax then these charges won't apply. There is no longer any duty. By crossing the border, your only saving would be on mailing and it may still run around $55. That saddle is no lightweight, I'm thinking 35lb. BTW, it was probably made in the early 60's and I'm betting it has a rawhide covered tree. One of those you can't kill.

$55 is still OK.

michaelvanessa 04-14-2013 11:00 AM

big horn saddles

hiya i have a sinthetic big horn saddle and i have had it for about 13-14 years.
like you have said it fits any horse and it is so comftable and its blue.
i have given it to my barn owner on perminant loan.
i cant give it away as there is so many good memorys with the other ponys.
as a rateing out of 100 i would give it 100 it is a well made saddle in deed.
and robinsons country leasure sold them here with the bridle brest plate saddle pad and girth.
i have another import and its in my albums in stanley quincy has a pink blingey western saddle on and there is a few more things to get him.