The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Colors and Genetics (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-colors-genetics/)
-   -   the horse of many colors (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-colors-genetics/horse-many-colors-174465/)

sheenaschlytter 04-14-2013 01:37 AM

the horse of many colors

6 Attachment(s)
ok so I have posted pics before when I first got my mustang and we all agreed on her color but I just have to post some pics of her color change. I am wondering what you all think. I have had people telling me she is all these different things from she is part appy to she is graying out. I dont think so I just personally think she is cute but I would love to have a for sure thing to tell people when they give me 20 questions about her color thanks :D
btw the lighter ones are the newer ones. She is just a wonderful pony but I am trying to lease her to help w costs and penning down her info would help. Also I know she is a mustang out of Nevada but that is all the info could that make her have appy or draft blood in her I was wondering any mustang info too thanks

sheenaschlytter 04-14-2013 01:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
two more pics sorry to over load i kinda love showing her off too

Peppy Barrel Racing 04-14-2013 01:49 AM

Liver chestnut with roan and flaxen
Posted via Mobile Device

Peppy Barrel Racing 04-14-2013 01:51 AM

Also pretty horse btw.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nokotaheaven 04-14-2013 02:10 AM

I see for colour possibly pinto and appaloosa spots with roaning, maybe chestnut roan with flaxen? Gorgeous either way.

sheenaschlytter 04-14-2013 02:16 AM

yep see hard to pin point but either way its a lot to say lol. My daughter keeps saying mom I think your wrong and she is half appy..I know appys have came out of the herd she was in so idk maybe

Chiilaa 04-14-2013 06:35 AM

I disagree with you here Peppy :-P I think she is a varnish roan rather than a classic roan. I don't see any pinto though Nokota. I think the photos where it looks like a clear difference between light and dark hair are later shown to be misleading when the patch on the side disappears again. I do think a chestnut base - the fetlocks and coronets being so orange is a dead give-away there.

Peppy Barrel Racing 04-14-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiilaa (Post 2224777)
I disagree with you here Peppy :-P I think she is a varnish roan rather than a classic roan. I don't see any pinto though Nokota. I think the photos where it looks like a clear difference between light and dark hair are later shown to be misleading when the patch on the side disappears again. I do think a chestnut base - the fetlocks and coronets being so orange is a dead give-away there.

They reason I said classic over varnish was because her face remains dark and it looks like she has the upside down V's on the legs. Also it looked like she had a corn spot on her hip in the second pic. So you know you gotta explain why you say varnish over classic cause you know I love learning why. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

NdAppy 04-14-2013 11:13 AM

Varnish can and does put the ^ on the legs.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...25380759_n.jpg

riddlemethis 04-14-2013 04:45 PM

Classic not varnish IMO. And I lean towards one of the black bases with silver vs. being red.