The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Driving (http://www.horseforum.com/driving/)
-   -   got to drive for the first time! (http://www.horseforum.com/driving/got-drive-first-time-175121/)

littrella 04-14-2013 11:00 PM

got to drive for the first time!

I had a harness lesson again today. I managed to get the harness on by myself with a little help here & there. Got Dexter hitched up & my instructor did 3 or 4 times around & then handed me the lines. We went round several times then went out on the road. I think she said we did 6 miles. I had so much fun & am totally addicted!

greentree 04-15-2013 08:10 AM

Sounds like a good drive!! Is Dexter your horse or a lesson horse? What kind of cart or carriage are you driving?

You used to have a good CDE there in Nebraska. I don't know if they still have it.

Congratulations!!

Nancy

Taffy Clayton 04-15-2013 10:41 AM

Very happy for you Litrella!! So glad you got "hitched" with a good instructor, Barbara is great! Can you imagine hitching and driving as a beginner all by yourself?
It is great that you started with an amazing coach.

But all this means nothing without photos!!!!

michaelvanessa 04-15-2013 02:13 PM

geting driveing

congratulations on your driveing and its good to here another driver has the driveing bug.
it sounds like you had a lot of fun there and i wish you and your horse happy driveing.
and like taffy clayton says have you any pictures.
we would like to see you driveing.

littrella 04-15-2013 07:50 PM

I will try to get pictures next time. Dexter is my instructors horse. He is a 24 year old morgan. He is so good at this, he knows to look both ways for traffic at intersections! I am learning on her combined driving carriage.

Greentree, I don't know what CDE is. Can you explain? Please.

greentree 04-16-2013 07:13 AM

Sure, sorry!!!

Combined driving - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Instead of me TRYING to explain it.....

Nancy

Southern Grace 04-30-2013 12:39 PM

CDE=your next addiction