The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Heya all! (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/heya-all-1755/)

Dave Singleton 05-03-2007 06:52 PM

Heya all!

Hi!

I'm David, I'm 16 and I come from Swansea in South Wales.

I am really into all things animal, particularly horses and I help out in a local riding school every week. I was initially more into the horse care side of things as I am aiming to become a vet (fingers crossed) but I very quickly got back into the riding! I first learnt when i was 3 but then didn't ride for a while before picking it up again just over a year ago.
As far as riding goes I am reasonably competent and I am a bit of a speed freak being blessed with a beach within 30 mins hacking distance! I am also into jumping which is what I hope to focus on this summer; the riding school are purhcasing new ones. Previously it was more jumping logs in the woods which was either completely hair-raising or hardly noticeable!
My main aim for the future is to get my own horse; preferably 16hh+ and piebald or black. Breed-wise I'm not so fussed although I always go for speedy and spooky rather than sedate and stubborn.

Nice to meet you all!

Dave

kristy 05-03-2007 09:58 PM

Welcome Dave! :wink:

~*Hunter_Gurlie*~ 05-03-2007 10:08 PM

Hello and welcome
your so lucky that you have a beach to ride on.I wish i did :D

hanse004 05-04-2007 12:44 AM

A Beach!!! I'm sooo jealous!! LOL
Welcome Dave....I'm new too...

meggymoo 05-04-2007 02:19 AM

Hi and welcome Dave. :wink:

Dave Singleton 05-04-2007 07:05 PM

Thanks for the welcomes! :D
Beach rides really are great but I forgot to add that we can only do it during the winter months due to council limitations :( I personally cannot see why horses (and dogs for that matter) are banned all summer but I suppose they must have their reasons...

showpony@heart 05-05-2007 05:14 AM

Hi, welcome Dave! Beach rides sound great!