The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse transport needed NOW for a stranded friend

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  WickedNag 
#1 ·
I don't know if this goes here but I posted it all over facebook, called everybody I knew so now I'm turning here. Here's what's going on.
Remember the friends who came in to help me with my riding? Well right now they're heading back this way for a performance. It's a paid gig they have to be at by Friday or Saturday at the latest. The location is in Spokan Washington. Here's the problem! His tranny blew in a snow storm and they're stranded in North Dakota with a loaded horse trailer. He asked me to ask anybody and everybody if anyone would be able to pick them up with a truck that can haul their fully loaded horse trailer. I believe they have 4-5 horses with them along with their equiptment. He's willing to pay hauling costs, gas, food...he just needs help NOW. He is in North Dakota, the next state they were hauling into was Montana. They have to be in Spokane Washington by Friday or Saturday at the latest. If anyone can do it please let me know! Message me here or at my personal email. Pinecreekstables@hotmail.com
Thank you! If any of the people I've already called come through for him I will update this and let everybody know but for now he's still stranded!

#6 ·
Just got off the phone with G and he said they're basically pulled off the side of the road at a truck stop. They have to be in spokane by the 18th. They don't have money to buy a new truck only enough to get the old one fixed. They're pulled off the road at a truck stop on hwy 94 and so far he's been on the phone with 30 different people trying to figure things out. I called my group Northwest Jousting and one of our riders is trying to get "family emergency" time to just drop everything and go but her boss isn't answering any of her calls at the moment. She's packed and ready though.
They might have a ride coming up from Minesotta if Steph can't make it so we're all waiting on that. Horse transport is going to cost them more than they have for the amount of time they'll need it and it's not a definiate anyone can make it at the last minute either. They also called a truck rental place and were told the insurance doesn't cover the transport of live cargo. If something happened they could get sued for the horses safety and aren't willing to rent a truck for that reason. Besides that they've unloaded the horse and are walking them around the truck stop in rotation so they can all stretch their legs.
Thank you everybody, I'll keep everyone posted.

#9 ·
So I'm hoping this is good news. I haven't heard from him today and last night he said he'd call me if he didn't have a ride by morning. So since I haven't heard from him at all I'm hoping they're on the road.
Posted via Mobile Device

#11 ·
Still nothing so hopefully they're coming through this way. I'll call this evening and see what's up. Usually he's really good at calling so part of me is a little worried but I'm sure I would have heard something if things weren't moving along.

Reactions: Skyseternalangel
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.