The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Would you buy this horse? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/would-you-buy-horse-176473/)

horsecrazymeetsjustcrazy 04-16-2013 09:06 PM

Would you buy this horse?

3 Attachment(s)
Although the gaits are quite comfortable, and the horse is sweet as pie, I was told the conformation is terrible and not to buy him. Would you agree? Why or why not?

franknbeans 04-16-2013 09:10 PM

I will let the conformation gurus handle this one, but I will just say I do not like the way he is put together. Head is too big, neck weird, looks like he may be cow hocked to me.........Is he over at the knee or is his shoulder funky?

He is sort of cute tho and sweet looking in his own special way.......;-)

GamingGrrl 04-16-2013 09:14 PM

I like his body, but it does just look like someone kinda slapped on a completely different horses head and neck. His back is long. It looks like his front right *might* be a clubbed hoof?
Posted via Mobile Device

SnowCowgirl 04-16-2013 10:29 PM

depends, what do you want him for?

horsecrazymeetsjustcrazy 04-16-2013 10:41 PM

He is trained in low-level polo, eventing, and dressage. I would want him for all three.

toto 04-16-2013 10:47 PM

Can you get a better pic with him standing square?

This one makes him look camped under(hinds)- his neck looks under muscled- his forelegs look toed out- tied in at the knee- and has long pasterns.

Taffy Clayton 04-16-2013 11:15 PM

I see a horse with a big head, but I like a horse with a big head. Anyone can have a beauty, I like the horses with some character in their looks.
I believe once in some work, he will be a nice horse for you, he does remind me of a Polo horse.
I really like his big feet.

FlipFlopTipTop 04-16-2013 11:33 PM

I agree with others but honestly you need different pictures. I think better pictures would actually improve the way he looks. His neck for sure needs some muscle. His head looks HUGE partly to the halter the way it is.. I think. If it was fitted under his throat and not hanging down I believe it would look better as well.

SnowCowgirl 04-16-2013 11:33 PM

he might not make the olympics but I don't see why he wouldnt be great for low level stuff, especially if he's already trained for it. I think he's adorable in a somewhat hilarious way, and looks sweet as heck.

horsecrazymeetsjustcrazy 04-16-2013 11:43 PM

OK- more pictures coming. I was told he was downhill and too straight in behind. hey also thought his neck tied in too low.