The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Endurance Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/endurance-riding/)
-   -   Goodbye for now <3 (http://www.horseforum.com/endurance-riding/goodbye-now-3-a-177297/)

jillybean19 04-18-2013 12:24 AM

Goodbye for now <3

Hey all! I've been MIA for a while, but for a very good reason. I was offered a position doing my dream job, so I've been very busy working with my new employer, getting ready to move, and preparing myself for beginning my position this fall.

Unfortunately, this move also forced me to choose between my horses as I will only be able to afford one. In the end, I chose my QH colt as he's my baby that I've had since he was 18mo old, have trained myself, and was the first horse I purchased on my own. Thus, I had to sell my endurance horse, which was probably for the best since I doubt I'll have the time and ability to condition and compete in endurance like I'd want to with him and like he needs. He truly is an endurance horse through and through and would not have been happy doing anything else, so I was very happy to be able to sell him to an experienced local endurance rider. He's been doing great, and I'm pleased with how it an Arabian or half- Arabian specifically picked for endurance.ll worked out.

I didn't by my colt to do endurance and have my doubts about how well he'd do given his build, so I'm not sure when I'll be back in the endurance world. For now, we're working on training and trail riding. In a few years, when he's 5, we'll see if he has the physical and mental capability to do endurance, so I'll be taking a break for at least that long. I'm going to miss it, but I'll definitely be back in this addicting sport eventually. If not on Flash, my colt, then on an Arabian or half-Arab chosen specifically to do endurance. So, until then, I'll be missing the endurance trails, but wish you all and your horses the best of luck on the many miles ahead of you!

Dustbunny 04-18-2013 12:28 AM

Take care...the trails will be waiting for you!

loveduffy 04-18-2013 12:52 AM

You could alway go to the events and help out just to keep up with the news

prairiewindlady 04-20-2013 08:00 AM

Happy trails! We'll miss your input on this board!

phantomhorse13 04-20-2013 06:57 PM

what is the job?!

jillybean19 04-20-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustbunny (Post 2268777)
Take care...the trails will be waiting for you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by prairiewindlady (Post 2289601)
Happy trails! We'll miss your input on this board!

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveduffy (Post 2269009)
You could alway go to the events and help out just to keep up with the news

Yes, but it's really hard for me to only half participate and not be able to do what I really want to. I'll be moving to an area where most of the endurance rides are 3-4 hours away, rather than having them an hour away like I have for the last year (I've been spoiled), which was a major factor in my decision about which horse to sell, especially since I don't have my own truck and trailer. I'd rather focus on what I can do, which is break and train my current horse in reining, trail ride, and focus on the other parts of my life that are more important right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantomhorse13 (Post 2293945)
what is the job?!

Teaching middle and high school Spanish!!

clippityclop 04-21-2013 08:51 PM

JB that is awesome - my oldest is almost 14 and is in Honors Spanish in school - she is going to take it all the way thru 12th grade. I'm learning along with her and we are having a GREAT time (except for conjugation of verbs! LOL!)

Sorry you are taking such a huge break - it seems like you've just finally got all of the pieces together to really kick off your endurance riding hobby - horse, tack, etc....

but I'm glad you found something you like. You can always come back - it's just like having kids (in my opinion)- something in life will eventually ground you for awhile and then you'll find your way back in the middle of it all in no time.

Buena suerte!!

phantomhorse13 04-21-2013 09:20 PM

Where are you relocating to?

I can sympathize with the distance to rides.. the closest ride to me is a 3 hour drive!

jillybean19 04-21-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantomhorse13 (Post 2304249)
Where are you relocating to?

I can sympathize with the distance to rides.. the closest ride to me is a 3 hour drive!

Las Vegas! I'm sure there will be plenty to keep me occupied ;)

jillybean19 04-21-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clippityclop (Post 2303833)
JB that is awesome - my oldest is almost 14 and is in Honors Spanish in school - she is going to take it all the way thru 12th grade. I'm learning along with her and we are having a GREAT time (except for conjugation of verbs! LOL!)

Sorry you are taking such a huge break - it seems like you've just finally got all of the pieces together to really kick off your endurance riding hobby - horse, tack, etc....

but I'm glad you found something you like. You can always come back - it's just like having kids (in my opinion)- something in life will eventually ground you for awhile and then you'll find your way back in the middle of it all in no time.

Buena suerte!!

Gracias! And, the great thing about endurance, is I can still use all my tack for anything else I want to do ;)