The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Self-intro....Finally! (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/self-intro-finally-17772/)

PaintedLady 11-17-2008 02:01 AM

Self-intro....Finally!

I joined here awhile back too, but honestly don't know if I've ever introduced myself, either, so here goes...
At the moment I'm the proud owner of a painted, spotted Missouri Fox Trotter. Her name's (really) The Painted Lady! I found her online. When her name turned out to be the same as my ename, it was like...that's serendipity, so to our house she came! I did everything you're *not* supposed to do, but luckily she's the best thing I ever did.
Before that, I had a spotted TWH who died suddenly (aneurism) and for the first time in my life, I went looking for a horse! (usually they'd come to me!!) Can you tell I have 'a thing' for paints?? :lol:
The Dude and I have been married for 40 years this year! Wowsah! Long time. (Then again...time flies!!):-)
We have 2 daughters, and they have kiddos of their own, so we're Grands! Yesterday the grandson brought his girlfriend over. It's such fun to see their 'taste in women', and what influences them! (This works both ways!)
We spent the afternoon playing Cranium, (I have new Playdough on my shopping list...) and we're hoping for warmer weather soon so she can ride The Lady! I figure...they won't be leaving the round pen until I'm SURE they get along well!

free_sprtd 11-17-2008 02:10 AM

hey there! hahhaha thanks for the intro, seen ya around a bit, but it's nice to have some background. that's so crazy about your lady horse!!! wow :) nice to meet ya!

-LAcy

PaintedLady 11-17-2008 03:02 AM

LOL...yes...that is wild about the horse's name!
Now....guess what I do for a living. Heheheh.:wink:
Ahhhh...life. It keeps getting more n more...interesting!
Thanks for saying yo! I've always *meant* to do this...just...didn't realize, I guess....

kickshaw 11-17-2008 07:40 PM

welcome to the hf! have fun posting

RusticWildFire 11-17-2008 08:31 PM

Welcome to the forum! Nice to meet you.

Jubilee Rose 11-18-2008 06:57 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum!! That is so crazy about your new girl! Show us piccies please!! :D

PoptartShop 11-18-2008 09:17 PM

Welcome to the Horse Forum! :D

Kirsti Arndt 11-19-2008 09:24 AM

Hey Painted Lady-its rare to hear of such long term marraige these days

Painted Ride 11-19-2008 12:06 PM

hey there another paint lover!!!! welcome here

buckaroo2010 11-19-2008 10:38 PM

Welcome!:-)