The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   Slick 'n Easy VS metal/plastic curry brush (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/slick-n-easy-vs-metal-plastic-17806/)

banoota 11-17-2008 01:17 PM

Slick 'n Easy VS metal/plastic curry brush

Has anyone used slick 'n easy bars? How would you compare them to the after-effect of either a metal or plastic curry brush?

how often do you use it?

http://www.tackroominc.com/images/Sl...omingBlock.jpg

appylover31803 11-17-2008 02:13 PM

I've used them before. Mostly on my white gelding.

The got off the extra dirt that was left behind after brushing. as well as helping out during shedding season.

I don't use them anymore (mainly because I haven't bought any in a while)

g8ted4me 11-17-2008 02:23 PM

I just bought one of these to try. I bought it because I read that they work better to remove bot eggs than those knife things, but I haven't tried it yet.

Britt 11-17-2008 02:49 PM

I use them every spring during shedding... and pretty much yearround when it comes to dirt. I'll swear by them like I do with MTG now... They work and work good... and are the best things in the world to held shed a horse out with. They get impossible dirt off very easily too.

banoota 11-17-2008 02:55 PM

What's MTG?

IrishRider 11-17-2008 04:00 PM

I love these things! I use them whenever I have them but I use them a lot during the shedding season as they help remove a lot more hair. Combined with my shedding blade I get a lot of those deep down loose hairs, plus they get rid of a lot of dirt and leave a nice shine on the coat. They are little pieces of gold.

Britt 11-17-2008 04:26 PM

Quote:

What's MTG?
MTG is... it's a formula that really helps a horses mane and tail to grow longer faster.

PoptartShop 11-17-2008 04:42 PM

I've used 'em before on my old buckskin, they work pretty well. :D

upnover 11-17-2008 09:28 PM

I often buy one in the spring when the horses are shedding. I use a metal shedding blade, a rubber curry, and the slick and easy because they all work for different amounts of shedding! When they're really shedding you get the most hair off with the blade, but once the majority of the big clumps are removed the rubber curry gets out quite a bit. Once you're not pulling as much hair out with that I move on to the slick n easy which pulls out a lot of hair that the curry doesn't. If you just use the slick and easy first it gets 'clogged' from the massive amounts of hair. It does wear down pretty quickly though and will break if you drop it on concrete.

kickshaw 11-18-2008 12:14 AM

i've used them too - they aren't as good as metal or plastic curries at getting off a lot of hair, but they do work!

(and PS for those of you in the states, you can buy/get a 4x4x10 block of "slick and easy" for free/small fee at Waffle House! it's the stuff they clean the grills with!)