The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Thoughts on my Paint's conformation? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/thoughts-my-paints-conformation-178321/)

HorseCourage 04-19-2013 11:18 PM

Thoughts on my Paint's conformation?

4 Attachment(s)
This is my 11 year old paint mare Allie :) her show name is ICASPLASHOFIMPRESSIVE. thoughts on her conformation?

waresbear 04-19-2013 11:23 PM

Very pretty mare! Nice head, neck and shoulder slope. She has a weak back, weak over her loins and she is cow hocked. My favorite thing about this horse is her huge liquid eye, just beautiful.

disastercupcake 04-20-2013 01:43 AM

All around her shape is too upright. The shoulder is steep as well as pasterns, which creates a long back and neck. Though her hip is decent, her hocks don't have enough angle- she's post legged.

On the bright side her color is gorgeous! Never seen one quite like that. And I agree she has a very fetching eye
Posted via Mobile Device

HorseCourage 04-20-2013 11:50 AM

Thanks !

tinyliny 04-20-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disastercupcake (Post 2288673)
All around her shape is too upright. The shoulder is steep as well as pasterns, which creates a long back and neck. Though her hip is decent, her hocks don't have enough angle- she's post legged.

On the bright side her color is gorgeous! Never seen one quite like that. And I agree she has a very fetching eye
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree , except I dont' see a steep shoulder.
her legs being so upright is what I see in first impression. I assume this is what they call a "halter bred" horse? I am NOT a QH person, so kind of picked up on this from the forum.

She is still a pretty horse, and for everyday use, probably a very nice ride.

HorseCourage 04-20-2013 06:54 PM

Wow ! You are exactly right. I didnt expect anybody to get that. haha i didnt even bother to mention it. She is a halter bred horse :o
And yes she is gorgeous and she knows it :) We are going to start competing and we will be competing in halter showmanship and western pleasure right now. And we will possibly be competing in english pleasure and crossrails

paintedpastures 04-20-2013 08:08 PM

Nice Mare overall:-). See a nice head & neck,decent shoulder. She is 11 yrs old so is starting to loose her topline . Her hind legs she toes out & looks a bit posty but some of that is the way you have her set up her hind legs are just a bit too far behind her she needs to be set up more square under herself. It will improve the look of her leg angles & hip{she does have a decent hip}. You should do well with her, just love her sabino markings:wink:

HorseCourage 04-20-2013 09:56 PM

thanks for the help :) and yeah i had gottten annoyed with her abd my dad (who took the pictures) she refused to set up that night so I just called it good enough.

toto 04-20-2013 10:39 PM

i agree with, paintedpastures- its the sand shes in thats making her legs look kinda strange..

her legs arent too straight to me they are correct-- hinds and forelegs. she looks like she may stand base wide- she does appear a little swaybacked- building her topline muscle will make it look a little better.. her neck is properly portioned for her body- clean throatlatch- adorableeeee face markings.. i could squeeze her face off! (not literally) lol. :-P oh- i like her feet-- they are actually bigger than most impressive bred horses that ive seen.. very nice mare you got there! i think shell place well. :)

HorseCourage 04-24-2013 10:51 AM