The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Rescue horse confirmation (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/rescue-horse-confirmation-178353/)

Nvr2L8 04-19-2013 11:02 PM

Rescue horse confirmation

3 Attachment(s)
This adorable horse is at the local rescue I volunteer at. She has a lot of weight and muscle to gain so I am not sure if you can tell me anything about her confirmation from the picture. She is now being well feed and looked after. She is a very sweet girl. She is aged, but and I am considering fostering/adoption in the future when she is ready. I would be doing light pleasure riding in a ring, in local fields, and maybe trails, no fast heavy riding. I am too old to go fast. :D

I know the pictures aren't the best, but I didn't take them.

BarrelracingArabian 04-19-2013 11:05 PM

I saw her at camelot a few weeks ago! poor girl.Too narrow for my taste but then again she could fill out quite bit once she starts really gaining and muscling up :]. I think she is just adorable.

Nokotaheaven 04-19-2013 11:58 PM

Poor girl! She's a nice horse though. Nothing really too bad that i see, minus needing a little weight and more muscle :P

tinyliny 04-20-2013 12:08 AM

Well, her shoulder size and angle is good. she is narrow chested, and that won't change with food. She has good bone in her legs, though her hocks look maybe a little puffy, and maybe some puffiness on the right front? and her right elbow has a puffy spot. Could be from the rear hoof digging in there due to her spending a lot of time lying down.
Her hip angle is steep and so is the stifle angle.

She could be a pretty nice horse when she fills out.

disastercupcake 04-20-2013 12:59 AM

First off I notice she has straight legs with nice bone- a great foundation. Overall though she is upright, through the hip especially. Her shoulder is better, but she has a mildly long back and her legs will have difficulty truly getting underneath for propulsion. A decent horse though, for trails or light work
Posted via Mobile Device

Nvr2L8 04-20-2013 10:09 AM

Thank you, guys. I know the pics aren't the best and she needs lots of groceries, but I think she will be a beauty when she gets her full weight and health back. I have been helping the rescue with buying her feed and can't wait to see her develope.

Taffy Clayton 04-20-2013 10:18 AM

Very nice, There is a really good looking horse in there just waiting to come out. I like her thick sturdy legs.

Skyseternalangel 04-22-2013 11:34 PM

I really like her! She's a cutie :)

WesternRider88 04-23-2013 12:30 AM

I don't really know too much about conformation but her conformation looks good to me! She will be gorgeous whe she's all filled out. :smile:

greentree 04-23-2013 07:30 AM

Beautiful! Love her!!