The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Technology (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/)
-   -   Why phone WHY. (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/why-phone-why-178433/)

alexischristina 04-20-2013 06:07 AM

Why phone WHY.

I'm so upset. Minimal water on my phone, stuck it in a bag of rice and all the initial problems cleared up. The phone works and charges PERFECTLY, but the computer no longer recognizes it as a device 9 / 10 times. It recognized it once, long enough to delete all my other info and attempt to sync, but now it wont recognize it and I can't put anything on.
And now I'm very irritated and just want to scream every time the 'USB Device Not Recognized' window pops up :-x

(Although it does feel a bit better to rant about it, I feel like I can actually go to bed without lying there in a grump all night long, so thank you HF :lol: here's to hoping it will recognize it in the morning).

Ellie Bramel 05-29-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexischristina (Post 2289425)
I'm so upset. Minimal water on my phone, stuck it in a bag of rice and all the initial problems cleared up. The phone works and charges PERFECTLY, but the computer no longer recognizes it as a device 9 / 10 times. It recognized it once, long enough to delete all my other info and attempt to sync, but now it wont recognize it and I can't put anything on.
And now I'm very irritated and just want to scream every time the 'USB Device Not Recognized' window pops up :-x

(Although it does feel a bit better to rant about it, I feel like I can actually go to bed without lying there in a grump all night long, so thank you HF :lol: here's to hoping it will recognize it in the morning).

Hi! This works with my phone. Sometimes I turn the power off for a few mins. Then turn it back on. That's one way. A couple of times I turned the phone off and took out the battery. Put the battery back in, turned the phone back and it worked again.
Posted via Mobile Device

Godgirl 07-13-2013 07:03 PM

if you take your phone to the carrier (i.e. apple, Verizon) they can probably help. it may also be your usb plug. maybe trying a new one will help.

alexischristina 07-14-2013 01:20 AM

Old thread but might as well update :lol: the phone survived with no lasting damage, switched cords and it charges and connects, the buttons aren't damaged and nothing is slow. So woohoo! Thanks though. :wink:

WSArabians 07-14-2013 08:23 PM

The charger went on mine. Awaiting a phone in the mail via Bell.
Three days without a phone - the was first day was "NNOOO!!!!" but today was actually nice lol

My2Geldings 07-19-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexischristina (Post 2289425)

Are we talking about an iphone here? water damage wont be covered and you'll be hooped unless you have applecare plus on your phone. In that case it will cost you $49 to have it replaced. Keep in mind a computer not recognizing your phone may not be related to the phone damage. I've seen it happen dozens of time to different issues. Have you tried to use a different cord? you should call applecare and have them do some trouble shooting for you.