The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   comfortable riding foot wear?? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/comfortable-riding-foot-wear-17852/)

doniakay 11-18-2008 08:54 AM

comfortable riding foot wear??

anyone know any comfortable riding footwear. having trouble finding something comfortable for just trail, and training.

SonnyWimps 11-18-2008 09:56 AM

I'm sure I'll have people yelling at me for saying this....
But honestly, I wear sneakers, flats, and whatever I happen to have access to that moment when I decide to go to the barn. I don't have any official riding shoes and never had any. I'm too cheap to buy them.
I've used "designer" shoes from NYC that were on sale for $10 while taking riding lessons cause I had to use a shoe with a heel (they were boots), but other than that, I don't really waist my money on riding shoes.

Correction, I do have a pair of "riding shoes" but they are my western show boots and no I will not wear them in all this ick and mud.

missy06 11-18-2008 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonnyWimps (Post 192019)
I'm sure I'll have people yelling at me for saying this....
But honestly, I wear sneakers, flats, and whatever I happen to have access to that moment when I decide to go to the barn. I don't have any official riding shoes and never had any. I'm too cheap to buy them.
I've used "designer" shoes from NYC that were on sale for $10 while taking riding lessons cause I had to use a shoe with a heel (they were boots), but other than that, I don't really waist my money on riding shoes.

Correction, I do have a pair of "riding shoes" but they are my western show boots and no I will not wear them in all this ick and mud.

I'm not going to yell at you but only because I know you ride without a saddle. If you rode in a saddle and with sneakers constantly, then I'd yell :-) Riding in a saddle without shoes with heels is really dangerous-your foot can easily slip through the stirrup and if you were to fall off you would have no way to free yourself from being dragged around by the horse.

wanderlust 11-18-2008 10:18 AM

I wear a pair of Ariat lace up paddock boots. They are really comfortable, and they weren't too expensive.

Vidaloco 11-18-2008 10:23 AM

I have a pair of Ariat slip on endurance shoes. They are super comfy, they are obviously made for endurance riding where part of the compitition is on foot. So they are made for walking/running and riding.

Sissimut-icehestar 11-18-2008 10:33 AM

I have these
http://aussiegeardirect.com/catalog/images/usbbk.jpg
They're really comfortable, and if you live in a colder climate, they're pretty warm too !

doniakay 11-18-2008 10:40 AM

its cold her right now...and i like to ride if i can in the winter, and cold feet not fun while riding lol

mom3x 11-18-2008 01:00 PM

I have the Ariat "terrain" boot and love it. Feels and looks like a hiking/running shoe, but sturdier and with the heel.

appylover31803 11-18-2008 02:15 PM

If I'm going to be doing stuff on the ground with my horses, I wear my "barn sneakers" (basically just old sneakers that I dont mind if they get dirty and stuff)

If it's cold/muddy/rainy/snowy out, I wear these
Ariat International - Ariat® Arctic Tall
These keep my feet nice and toasty!

For my birthday, my parent's got me these boots.
I only wear them for nice weather.
Ariat International - Ariat® Heritage Ii Field Boot Zip

When I was younger, I had a pair of Ariat paddock boots. They were fine in warm/cool weather, but as soon as it was cold, my toes would freeze.

Joshie 11-18-2008 02:26 PM

I use a pair of work boots. They have a heel and they are fairly warm. They're roomy enough for me to wear with two pairs of socks in the winter.