The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Just want some opinions =] (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/just-want-some-opinions-%3D%5D-17892/)

XxXequinegrlXxX 11-18-2008 07:35 PM

Just want some opinions =]

1 Attachment(s)
Okay well i have a Courbette allpurpose saddle and i was just wondering if you like courbettes , how long they hold up, and any experiences you have had with them .... TIA

here is a pic of my saddle ... i personally love it =] I just really wanna know how long they hoold and such

SDS 11-18-2008 07:47 PM

Well I don't know anything about English saddles, but I would say it looks really comfy! No wonder you like so much!

XxXequinegrlXxX 11-19-2008 08:20 PM

haha thanks ...
anyone else??

Gingerrrrr 11-19-2008 08:35 PM

i have no comment cuz ive never ridden in one but i must say i like that saddle pad. ;)

Jubilee Rose 11-19-2008 08:40 PM

I don't really know about Courbette saddles particularly, but your saddle looks very nice, very comfortable. I love how it has cushy knee-rolls. I always love those in English saddles. :D

Painted Ride 11-20-2008 10:47 AM

i have had a little bit of both the super expensive saddles and the cheap "starter" saddles too...i haev learned that as long as you clean and oil them properly then they will hold up! i like ur saddle i would have to say it has a ton if life left in it. my friend has a starter package saddle that she bought back in 1995! she still has it shows in it and everyday rides in it. i rode it it the other day and wow it was so comfy!!! so just take care of it and it will last a long time! i hope this helped:lol:

appylover31803 11-20-2008 06:52 PM

I was looking into getting a courbette saddle, but decided against it because I rather have the interchangeable gullets Collegiate offers.
I never sat in one, but from the reviews I read about them, they seem like awesome saddles!

XxXequinegrlXxX 11-20-2008 08:40 PM

haha thanks guys ! ! ! ! and painted ride ... ya i better get to oiling mine because where is seems to already be a little worn ... its getting pretty more worn out lol. now .. i guesss i better get off my lazy butt and oil it =[ lol cleaning tack is my least favorite chore in the horse world ...lol but its gotta be done ... unfortunetly lol
and to everyone that said they are comfy saddles ... they defiently are ! ;)

SonnyWimps 11-20-2008 11:50 PM

I've ridden in one of their dressage saddles and it felt like I was riding on a cloud!!!!! It was so comfortable and ooooooh I loved that saddle. I was going to buy it, but I didn't think it was worth the money the old BO was asking.

Your saddle defiantely loooks sooo comfy..and I agree with Gingerrr, I also like the saddle pad

luvs2ride1979 11-21-2008 01:26 PM

Courbettes are very nice and long wearing saddles. They are like any brand though, they will have their fans and their haters, lol. I don't particularly like the older saddles as they used to have really high pommels, but the newer saddles (1995 to present) are made with a more moderate pommel hieght.

The quality of the old and new Courbettes is nice though.

Also, your saddle is NOT an AP. It's a Close Contact jumping saddle. It just had extra long flaps for a longer legged rider.