The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Show name for horse named "Tank" (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/show-name-horse-named-tank-179049/)

DriftingShadow 04-21-2013 09:24 AM

Show name for horse named "Tank"

Hey all! I have been trying to help a friend pick a show name for her new gelding. He is a large dapple gray TB. About 17 or 17.1 hands. Built like a tank (hence his name Haha). I will try to see if I can get some pics today.

So far the only thing she has come up with is Tanks for Nuttin which she likes, but she is trying to think of more ideas.

I figured I'd run it by y'all! You are all so creative! The only requirement she has is that it somehow incorporates the name Tank.

Thanks guys :)
Posted via Mobile Device

tempest 04-21-2013 09:51 AM

Well, pictures are certainly required for the most accurate name giving. :lol:

But the first thing I thought of was Built Ford Tough.

MHFoundation Quarters 04-21-2013 10:12 AM

Love Tanks for Nuttin! Will do some thinking.

DriftingShadow 04-21-2013 02:06 PM

Haha that one had my vote as well! She loves it but wanted some more choices before she decided
Posted via Mobile Device

DancingArabian 04-21-2013 02:09 PM

Hanky Tanky

StormCloud 04-21-2013 06:35 PM

How about something based on Petanque (which is, I gather, a French variation on lawn bowls), for a change of direction? Wikipedia tells me that the game involves chucking balls across the ground with the intent of getting them close to another ball called the Jack, so maybe a name involving "petanque" and "jack" could work?

Dreamcatcher Arabians 04-21-2013 06:37 PM

Sherman.......

Need a pic for proper inspiration though!

StormCloud 04-21-2013 06:47 PM

Another thought... you could incorporate the name Tank, not literally but as a concept, with something like Big Gun, or Ironclad, or Makin' Tracks. Or depending on his temperament, Going Ballistic?

Kotori 04-21-2013 07:08 PM

Tanks for the memories, Metal head, Gear grinder.

Old Ironside :lol:

VelvetsAB 04-21-2013 08:02 PM

Since his name came from the military vehicle...what about Grey or Dapple Tank, instead of Panther or Tiger Tank? Or Commander Tank?

I found out that when the British were first developing the tank, it was called a "Landship", to keep hidden what it really was.