Are horses interested in toxic plants?
So, my idiot inconsiderate husband (i'm mildly irritated with him, can you tell?) decided to plant ligustrum on the road front edge of our pasture without looking to see if it's toxic. It is.
Anyone have experience with this? Will the horses even eat it? He was considering planting laurels and had the foresight to look to see if THOSE were toxic, and to also see if horses were interesting in eating it.
Anyway, there's not much I can do about it now, but I was just wondering if anyone had any experience. Thanks. :evil:
Yes that plant is indeed toxic to horses. Remove it before they take a bite!
Well, I don't know if the problem is as easily solved as just removing the plants. He bought, oh IDK, about 20 of them and had them all planted. And I know that they're toxic, but my big questions is will they actually eat it. They've been eating around onion grass all spring.
To elborate, both berries and leaves or toxic to the horses. Horses normally will eat any forage. Toxic or not. At least mine have -.-
I would remove it.
Then you don't have to worry about it.
Horses DO eat toxic stuff.
It can kill a horse within hours or result in a long term and painful colic. Please find a way to remove it:(
If you dont want to dig it up you can always move your fence lol
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:15 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.