The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   I've eatten dirt for the last time. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/ive-eatten-dirt-last-time-18015/)

HorsesAreForever 11-20-2008 07:01 PM

I've eatten dirt for the last time.

EHHH I got dumped again!

Long story short she was hyped up in a mood i wasnt happy with she was bucking and rearing .. got that under control then someone Undid a velcro thing and there we go!!!! She WOULDNT stop till I came off.

I have major sore hips and slight head ache. And sore back.

I think ive reached the end of the road the more I fall/get thrown of the more unconfident I get. My mom was there and just cant stand to see me get hurt. I re broke her gave her the love she never had and taught her the basics... but I think she needs something better.

Whats your opinon

Someone wants her and is willing to pay 2k but I need opinions I love this mare shes my world and every time I think about it I get choked up. But I think if I mad the desision I would folow my heart not my brain.

... :) ....

smrobs 11-20-2008 07:09 PM

I don't want to break your heart but from the sound of it, you need to get rid of that horse and get one that you can actually ride and be comfortable on. If you can get 2000 for her in this market with her issues, I suggest you take it. I know you love her and it would be hard to part with her but you need a horse that you can be safe on. Your health should come before anything else and there are sooo many other horses in the world that are very broke and you could get one with the 2K with money left over. No other horse would ever take her place in your heart but it is possible to fall in love with another. It would be a tragedy for one lemon horse to ruin your confidence forever. At the risk of sounding harsh, GET RID OF HER.

hrsrdr 11-20-2008 07:25 PM

Ya, I agree. I had a mare for a year, 10 years old, had been a broodmare all her life. Was a GREAT horse...the smoothest gaits ever, coraegeous, not spook at anything, fast, collected, perfect confirmation adn gorgeous color (bright chestnut with a symmetrical blaze and 4 even socks)...but, after I'd owned her about 2 months, she started to realize that she actually had to WORK now and started bucking every time I asked for a canter and eventually she wouldn't even trot. We had the vet look at her to see if it was a health issue and she possibly had just a bit of arthritis in her hind fetlocks but it was no excuse. I just wasn't learning anything on her except how to stay on a bucking horse and although I tend to be a pretty confident rider, I dreaded anything but a slow trail ride on her. It broke my heart but after over a year of unsuccessful training we decided that we just needed to get rid of her. I wanted her to be happy...I could MAKE her do something, but she wasn't happy about it at all. And I was so glad I did, after I got my new horse and realized how my love and attatchment to her had blinded me to how bad she really was! It'll save you alot of trouble in the end...and just a tip--get a GELDING next time! :)

LauraB 11-20-2008 07:32 PM

The sound of the velcro just gave her an excuse to try and dump you again. Some horses that are like that never stop acting like that no matter how much training they get. I agree, take the 2k and don't look back. I had a mare like that and I was thrilled to see her go down the road. You will find a whole new type of love for a horse when you find one that is sweet on the ground and nice to ride at the same time.

HorsesAreForever 11-20-2008 07:41 PM

thanks everyone! I need some opinions and I got it. I guess its time to say good bye. Anyone care to help me find a new horse I could get for 2k. I guess im just afraid I wont get anouther horse with her personality.

Britt 11-20-2008 07:59 PM

I'd sell her as fast as I could get shot of her.

Sorry to sound short, but having a horse who continually dumps you is just a recipe for disaster.

Jacksonlover 11-20-2008 08:32 PM

i completely understand. there was a mare that i wanted really bad. bt she was just to insane. so now, i have a sweet little gelding, but he has spirit too. i don't like a push-button horse. there are a TON of horses out there. maybe this one just isn't the one...

smrobs 11-20-2008 08:44 PM

Finding a new horse

I would suggest checking the classifieds for your area or even your state if transport is not an issue. Talk to the owner and ask if they will let you test ride the horse or maybe take it for a week trial just to see how it reacts to the new environment and new rider. Newspapers and internet both have extensive classifieds.

free_sprtd 11-20-2008 08:51 PM

what are you looking for in a horse and in what area? i love horse shopping, and i can't have another lol

Sullivan17 11-20-2008 08:51 PM

You could find an Amazing horse.. and even better for 2,000..
I had a mare that Was Awesome to ride!! but on the ground.. you wouldn't DARE to try to hug her or anything.. she would always charge in the pasture.. we just traded her for a mare a few weeks ago.. and.. its SOO nice with her gone.. i mean, i LOVED that horse.. but now i can go out in the pasture and everything is so much calmer and less tense.. and the horse i traded her for is really nice.. we took a huge chance but it was worth it.. as she's underweight.. has ben a brood mare and is 14 and only ridden a dozen times.. but she picked up neck reining in a day's trail ride..

I would say sell your horse.. it will be hard :( but if you love riding now with a horse that dumps you off everything chance she gets.. you'll LOVE it when you don't have to worry about that and just have a nice and easy ride and be able to be done with out a soreness :P lol