The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Nutrition (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-nutrition/)
-   -   6 weeks laters .. It is a miracle! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-nutrition/6-weeks-laters-miracle-180265/)

DriftingShadow 04-23-2013 06:25 AM

6 weeks laters .. It is a miracle!

4 Attachment(s)
Took a WONDERFUL picture of Drifter yesterday morning. Cannot believe he has gotten back to this point. Thanks to everyone here on HF for their help! I am going to use this thread to post pics of his continued improvement :D:D:D

The first 2 pics are from 6 weeks ago and the other two (wearing the blue saddle pad) are from yesterday morning. There is still room for improvement but he is doing so much better. He is back to being his fiesty TB self

Attachment 165457

Attachment 165465

Attachment 165473

Attachment 165481

lovexlaugh 04-23-2013 06:36 AM

The difference is insane, you've done such a wonderful job with him!!

greentree 04-23-2013 07:23 AM

Kudos to you!! He looks wonderful

Nancy!

Fourteen 04-23-2013 10:31 AM

That is amazing! Very good job done. I'm going to go back and research this story and read the advice that you got...but in the meantime, congratulations on doing so well with your boy.

Dustbunny 04-23-2013 10:36 AM

Wow! Great job. He's beautiful.

MHFoundation Quarters 04-23-2013 10:46 AM

Such a difference! Well done!

Taffy Clayton 04-23-2013 10:47 AM

You are a ROCK STAR!

DriftingShadow 04-23-2013 12:19 PM

Thanks all for the kind words but all credit goes to my vet and the great people here on HF who helped me do some sleuthing into what could be up.

The whole story can be found on please help horse losing weight , but it basically amounted to me trying to switch drift off grain and being afraid to over blanket :/. It was a long road trying to figure everything out. It ended up being he needed a friend to replace his buddy who left, alfalfa cubes, and a mix of ultium and strategy. He also gets a blanket anytime it gets below 40 degrees at night and a sheet every time it rains. He just cannot cope. He is also being monitored for any sign of returning ulcers but so far those have checked out fine. It was a huge learning experience for me. I took the approach of everyone says this is right so I must need to do it. I have learned to take what I hear with a grain of salt and think about whether what works for everyone's horse will work for MY horse. I love this big handsome guy, and I am so glad he is doing better once again. We have a road ahead of us but I know we can do it
Posted via Mobile Device

Roadyy 04-23-2013 01:04 PM

The difference is beautiful. You have done a great job and given me inspiration on the rescue we just got this weekend. I'm looking forward to see the difference in ours as in yours.

Dreamcatcher Arabians 04-23-2013 01:06 PM

He's looking very very good!