The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   My soon to be new horse! (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/my-soon-new-horse-180305/)

Tobysthebesthorseever 04-23-2013 09:08 AM

My soon to be new horse!

1 Attachment(s)
So I'm not really sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm SO confused. I just wanted to show everyone who reads this my new horse almost. His name is Toby (hence my username:D)
He is between 16-16.3 hh
Palomino
Quarter Horse, according to my trainer, though I'm convinced he's Appendix because he has a thoroughbred-y type face and conformation (he has really high withers and is fairly narrow even though he currently has a hay-belly.
He is nine years old, and I tell myself he is well trained so I don't freak myself out, but he is stubborn, yet loving, can be spooked (is afraid of cross rails sort of and other things) and is a big old ham! There's a large six inch high platform in one corner of the arena, and he has tried to/successfully climbed in the "stage" multiple times!
So here's a picture:

texasgal 04-23-2013 09:12 AM

Welcome to the forum ... and to horse ownership!

Tobysthebesthorseever 04-23-2013 09:26 AM

Awww thanks!!!!!

natisha 04-23-2013 09:51 PM

He's cute. Congratulations!

FGRanch 04-24-2013 04:03 AM

Congrats. Much better picture. He is stunning. You guys are super cute together!

Tobysthebesthorseever 04-24-2013 06:56 AM

Thanks guys!!! I'm so excited to bring him home. I'm just a little bit worried.....I know that we are crazy....but I have to tell you, I've been taking riding lessons for only about six months. He is in training, me and my mom take a class every week with him, then I have my lesson. My cousin, who has a horse too who will live with us, has been taking intensive lessons for the same amount of time, but had a lesson every month or so for two years. I've been reading MANY MANY MANY books (for the last six months, now I'm struggling to find new books on horses), have researched BUNCHES online, and , like i said, am taking a horsemanship class with my mom. My trainer is EXTREMELY honest, so don't worry about that, and we are buying Toby from the same barn. Toby can be stubborn, but we are working through it. My trainer (let's call her "blu" as I don't want to say her name) says that he will be a good horse for us because I said I want to be a trainer when I get older (I've told my family that I want to be just like "Blu" when I grow up(: )
And blu said that since I want to be a trainer, a do-anything-for-you horse won't teach me how to train. I will continue lessons after we bring him home in 2-3 months. Are we really as crazy as we now seem? We have a trainer very nearby us in case anything goes very wrong, several horsey neighbors, and blu lives 45 minutes from there.