The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Black Friday (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/black-friday-18031/)

Moxie 11-20-2008 11:52 PM

Black Friday

Yep, thats right, I'm already thinking about Black Friday. I hear there are supposed to be some crazy deals this year to try and get people into the stores.

This will be the second time going out on Black Friday. The first time, I took Seth, he was almost a year old. I made it to one store :-| I had him in the stroller, turned my back on him for a split second to pay for my stuff, turned back around to find him hanging half out the bottom of his darn stroller! :shock: Thats all it took for me.

Annnnyway, I came upon this site:

Black Friday Ads - The Official Black Friday 2008 Website

I thought it would be useful to those crazy shoppers. I feel confident in posting this here, as I dont think anyone lives in my area, thus no competition from any of you. I plan on getting up at 3:30 and hitting Kohl's first. YAY SHOPPING!

free_sprtd 11-21-2008 12:44 AM

woop woop i love black friday!

Snapple122 11-21-2008 01:29 AM

I guess Black Friday is essentially the same as Boxing Day in Canada? except Black Friday's in November.. I love Boxing Day!

TaMMa89 11-21-2008 03:27 AM

Sorry about my stupidity but Black Friday? What is it? I've never heard about Black Friday.

Jehanzeb 11-21-2008 06:29 AM

neither did I. Have no idea what it is.

Regards

DashAwayAll 11-21-2008 06:31 AM

No, not like Boxing day. Black Friday is the Friday after the American Thanksgiving. Schools are off, many people have a 4 day weekend - Thanksgiving, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

It is a major Christmas shopping day. Big sales and all that. Walmart is known for fantastic sales... and people line up around the block in the wee hours of the morning.It kicks off the holiday shopping season, and it's name comes from retailers hopefully selling enough to move out of the red ( ink) and into the black(ink) for the year. Financial people also use it as a barometer of the sales season.

The American economy is pretty bad right now, so retailers are scared. Discounts should be good. Even better December 26th.

Jehanzeb 11-21-2008 06:44 AM

Ah now I get it. I think my friend should visit America during black fridays, as she is on a shopping spree these days. Can't get enough of shopping!!

:-)

Regards

Angel_Leaguer 11-21-2008 08:14 AM

I looked through some of the adds and I didnt notice anything really great this year. I have a hard time shoppin gin these conditions... hearding into the stores like a bunch of cattle, people pushing each other, yelling, crabby... It just really isnt for me I guess.

I hope all of ya have fun and good luck

Vidaloco 11-21-2008 08:29 AM

Last time I went shopping on black friday was 22 years ago. My husband and I got engaged over Thanksgiving and went ring shopping on Friday after Thanksgiving. Aint that sweet :lol:

3neighs 11-21-2008 09:41 AM

I'm with Angel, the crowds aren't worth it to me.