The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   My to-be new horse! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/my-new-horse-180313/)

Tobysthebesthorseever 04-23-2013 10:22 AM

My to-be new horse!

1 Attachment(s)

Hi!! So I'm fairly sure this is the right place to put this. Um, so I guess I just want someone to tell me what they think of Toby and uh...oh yeah!!! Let me know what breed you think he is!!! My trainer says that he is a grade quarter horse (he doesn't have any papers, but I really could care less about that, as long as he has a great attitude!!!;))

I think that he is appendix, but I could totally be wrong (I'm a kid! What do I know?!!:-P)

Oh, and how do you post more than one picture?!?

Yes, I am acutely aware that I am not a very great rider (English or western). I need to work on keeping my hands still.
That was my first English lesson on him, but I've ridden him 5-6 times western.

Let me know what you think!!!!

Tobysthebesthorseever 04-23-2013 10:23 AM

Sorry!

Oops.....sorry that its sideways.

FGRanch 04-23-2013 12:24 PM

You guys look cute together. Can't tell much from that photo tho :)

Tobysthebesthorseever 04-23-2013 07:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hehe thanks. I can post another picture because today I just had a lesson with him!!! It was sooooo fun!!! He was spooking cuz the snow was melting and falling off the roof. So I just did tooooons of ground work, because i decided it would not be a great idea, and kinda dangerous. I'm so proud of us!! Me and my cousin were rolling barrels, and heFREAKED OUT(!!!) and by the end of the lesson I lead him to it, he sniffed it, then pushed it with his nose!!!! I was so happy!!!

Tobysthebesthorseever 04-23-2013 07:24 PM

Oops, sorry its sideways.....again....;)

DraftyAiresMum 04-23-2013 07:47 PM

Those withers look thoroughbred to me. First pic, he looks QH. Second pic, he looks appendix. He's a cutie, for sure.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tobysthebesthorseever 04-23-2013 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum (Post 2323777)
. He's a cutie, for sure.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks!!! I can't wait till we get the fences up and can bring him home!!!

Okay, in this next picture, I know that he looks kinda sad and pathetic, but trust me, he isn't!!! He lives in a pasture, and I'm only allowed to go up there once a week (as we live 45 minutes away). We don't own him YET-but we definitely will.
His forelock is sticking out cuz we braided it, and we didn't couldn't make it lay straight, and part of his mane is hanging over because, well actually, I don't know why...I guess just because it is.
And his head is down and looking all sad because that's just how it was. So I promise you that he is not neglected or anything. He simply only gets groomed like once a week and before rides which is when other ppl ride him occasionally.

Phew!! That was a long post!! :D

Tobysthebesthorseever 04-23-2013 09:29 PM

Aaarrrggghhh!!!! Sideways again?!!!????!!!!????

Skyseternalangel 04-23-2013 09:31 PM

He looks a bit rough; in your care though he should turn around and look shiny as an apple :)

Tobysthebesthorseever 04-23-2013 09:36 PM

Lol thanks! That's almost exactly what I'm thinking!! I mean, it's not like he's neglected or anything, we just ride at a place for kids and addicts, and they have like 20-30 horses that don't really belong to anyone in particular. So they don't have time to groom every single horse every day. He lives in a pasture with about 15 horses, they have free range in rounds of hay and grass (when it stops melting and snowing and melting and sno......etc ;))
None are mistreated, they simply don't have time to groom every horse.

Anyway...I love him to death, even though he's stubborn and spooky sometimes.