The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Conformation Opinions on my Mare :) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/conformation-opinions-my-mare-180417/)

DraftDreamer 04-23-2013 11:40 AM

Conformation Opinions on my Mare :)

1 Attachment(s)
This is my bay mare Willow I got last fall and she is my pride and joy. I absolutely love her. I want opinions on her confirmation. I only have a side picture, but hope to get front, back, and both side pictures this Summer for a more in depth critique. :D I hope to start her on barrels this summer. We won't be going in with the big guys, but just for fun. But anywho, what's your guys' opinions? I can take criticism if need be. And I'm a newbie! So happy I could join y'all! :wave:

Attachment 165569

lilruffian 04-23-2013 12:29 PM

Nice looking mare ;)
I like her shoulder and neck set
Sufficient depth through the chest
May be just a tiny bit back at the knee
Back is long
Short, steep slope to the croup
Hindquarters are quite sloping and could use more muscle to match the front end
Posty in the back legs

sparks879 04-24-2013 06:32 PM

I think shes beautiful, and I LOVE her name. My mares name is Willow too!

Endiku 04-24-2013 06:59 PM

I also think she is a VERY nice mare. No critique from me because I think its been covered. What breed is she?

DraftDreamer 04-24-2013 09:29 PM

Yes, I love the name Willow. Its just fitting for her. And thank you! She is a solid appaloosa, if I remembered correctly. :D

What does it mean that she is posty in the back legs? Everything else I pretty much got, but I'm new to this whole conformation gig. :lol:

tinyliny 04-24-2013 09:40 PM

I don't see back at the knee. I see maybe a bit tied in behind the knee. Shoulder is great, and matches hip angle. She is posty legged on the hind, a little, but has nice short canons front and rear. Super nice looking mare!

DraftyAiresMum 04-24-2013 09:41 PM

Posty means that her hind leg angles are too open or straight.
Posted via Mobile Device

DraftDreamer 04-24-2013 10:15 PM

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :-)