The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   Parelli Patterns? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/parelli-patterns-18048/)

simbakitten 11-21-2008 01:10 PM

Parelli Patterns?

OK so Im thinking of starting parelli (and this is not an invitation to start putting down parelli. Lol) so do why of you have advice on what to buy, i don't wanna buy to much coz its all REALLY expensive. I was looking of the website and parelli patterns seemed quite good. But if anyone has feedback on this or any advice on what i should buy, it will be greatly appreciated.

Painted Ride 11-21-2008 02:13 PM

your best bet would be to ask sonny whimps on here she is a parelli lover/user!!!look her up and pm her. good luck

Spirithorse 11-21-2008 06:24 PM

I'm a Level 3 student of Parelli and if you are just starting out the best thing to buy is the Success Series. That will get you started and familiar with the program. Then eventually you can get the Patterns and absolutely the Liberty and Horse Behavior pack.

kitten_Val 11-21-2008 06:36 PM

BTW, you can always look up on ebay and local craiglist. I got CA videos twice cheaper there (OK, used ones, but still worked...).

SonnyWimps 11-21-2008 10:00 PM

Spirithorse is definately more experienced in Parelli than I am and will be for a long time :lol:
But I personally found the Success Series the BEST ever! I still watch them sooooo often and I always find something new in them to try. For the Holiday season they have the On-line Kit with a halter, rope, and other stuff in it. Defiantely worth the money.

Also, I found that joining the Savvy Club was worth the money. You get either a DVD or Magizine every month....I am defiantely finding this months (or the last DVD that I got...not sure what month it was) especially interesting and just downright great. You also get access to lots of articles, videos, and so much more.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM, I'll try to be as helpful as I can, but I must say that Spirithorse will probably be more helpful