The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   found a brumby to lease and already been dissed on because its a "brumby" (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/found-brumby-lease-already-been-dissed-180729/)

OliviaMyee 04-23-2013 05:20 PM

found a brumby to lease and already been dissed on because its a "brumby"

Ok so i found a brumby to lease and it can do trail rides,endurance rides a bit of dressage its very calm has begginers ride it. In Good health and has saddle fitted every season ! Comes with all gear owner is a qualified barefoot farrier so she does the feet has vaccinations every year and i will be paying for feed and agistment and half of vet bills ( if its my fault. )

Will get a contract and vet check, also getting an instructor to see me ride it.

No Buck,bolt,biting,kicking,striking,chasing,running over behaviour ! Ridden bitless on loose reins and being taught leg yield owner does NH and is going to buy a treeless saddle and pay for dentists before horse goes.

Controlled by seat and legs mostly. Road safe. Gone camping and stayed for 2 nights !

Ridden bareback on long trail rides. Taught some tricks. Been ridden for 4 years and its 6-7 years old.

He can be pushy like any horse but not dangerously, and i would never let a horse push me or invade my space without telling them to respect me.

Ok so only problem is he can rush and be lazy when being ridden.

Hes a fabulous Doer, barefoot, and can get papers so brumby can be shown.
He only needs rugs when its freezing coz he came from the snowy moantains when he was wild and is kept without rugs mostly....

So angry that first comment is "btw its a brumby" coming from a good friend who rides and knows horses.

OliviaMyee 04-23-2013 05:22 PM

Hes also Good to catch.. desensetized to a tarp and some other said. Spoke to owner on phone and visiting horse in a week. Not sure if his good to float but the owners probably going to float him down.

Taffy Clayton 04-23-2013 05:22 PM

What is a Brumby?

BarrelWannabe 04-23-2013 05:24 PM

Taffy, a brumby is the equivalent to the mustang, but for Australia.
Posted via Mobile Device

BarrelracingArabian 04-23-2013 05:24 PM

Eh don't let it bother you, if you like him and he works good for you then breed shouldn't matter. My little guy is in all reality a mutt as our best guess he is quarter horse crossed with possibly morgan but even in pain he was just too sweet to say no to.

He sounds like a lovely horse, good luck :]

nuisance 04-23-2013 05:25 PM

Brumby is Australias version of US's Mustang. I don't care what others say. Good luck with your Brumby, I see nothing wrong with it!

OliviaMyee 04-23-2013 05:27 PM

I even judged his conformation a bit he has a strong back and decent body proportions just need to see his legs but they didn't look crazy bad or anything.

Taffy Clayton 04-23-2013 05:27 PM

I thought so, but why do people look down on them? I don't think people here look down on Mustangs do they?

Anyway... He sounds like a dream!

Lucky you for finding him!

jaydee 04-23-2013 05:28 PM

They're just the ancestors of domesticated horses that escaped or were abandoned by settlers so whats the problem?
If he's as good as he sounds then go for it
As for being feral - in the UK New Forest Ponies, Exmoor, Dartmoor run 'wild', they get rounded up and sold untouched and they work out fine so I don't see the difference really

Critter sitter 04-23-2013 05:37 PM

I'm sorry they are picking on you. A true Friend would not do that
I wish you the best with your new Lease/