The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Rant

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  LoveMyDrummerBoy 
#1 ·
I just need to vent. I feel like I'm at one of those points, like if Blaze were a guy I was dating, where I'd be realizing all the things that I may have found charming are now quite annoying and I just want to shake him. (I have never shaken any men I've dated :))

First off, it's so frustrating that all the mud has turned to choppy, hard packed ground. Not at all safe nor ideal for riding on. So I can't ride in the outdoor arena. I tack him up outside, and he keeps tossing his head up when I'm trying to put the bit in his mouth. Then, I take him inside to ride (a really small indoor space) and he's distracted and spooked by every little thing. Slightly understandable, but I try and bring him in there as much as I can so he gets used to it.

After we do some walking work in the thick sand in there, I'm getting ready to feed him. He's dancing all around and basically digs a huge hole in the sand with his pawing, effectively getting sand all in my grooming kit. Then, while he's eating, he's still bopping around and almost pins me against the wall. He hates his left hind foot being cleaned no matter what, but tonight he literally kicked out when I went to pick it up. I gave him a smack, told him NO and tried again.

He was just a holy terror. It's frustrating to not be able to give him the good workout he needs because of the weather, and I don't like feling angry at him. Men. :shock:

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.