The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Draft Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/draft-horses/)
-   -   Spotted Draft Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/draft-horses/spotted-draft-horses-181129/)

Smokum 04-24-2013 10:01 AM

Spotted Draft Horses

3 Attachment(s)
My Percheron mare is soon to pop her Spotted Draft Baby next month so as I get more and more anxious I wanted to see if anyone else out there had Spotted Drafts pictures & info!

This will be my first spotted draft baby. Registerable with The North American Spotted Draft Horse Association as a regular. Only being 1/2 draft.

The sire is pictured & also my percheron mare.
I will have baby pictures when she pops out :)

Oldhorselady 04-24-2013 10:42 AM

Can't wait to see baby pics! I love my percheron and my pinto who is supposed to be fresian/paint. Should be a nice foal!

PurpleMonkeyWrench 04-24-2013 11:43 AM

Subbing. Can't wait to see this baby!

Left Hand Percherons 04-24-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokum (Post 2330305)

This will be my first spotted draft baby. Registerable with The North American Spotted Draft Horse Association as a regular. Only being 1/2 draft.

The NASDHA has had a closed stud book for about 10 years so it can't be registered with them. Look into the Pinto Draft Association.

nickers103 04-24-2013 12:31 PM

Oh how beautiful! I cannot wait to see some baby pictures!

My husband and I just recently picked up a Spotted Draft x Arabian cross from a friend of ours who was no longer able to keep him. He's such a gentle soul and has such beautiful markings. I would LOVE to get my hands on a purebred at some point in my life!

DraftyAiresMum 04-24-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Left Hand Percherons (Post 2331609)
The NASDHA has had a closed stud book for about 10 years so it can't be registered with them. Look into the Pinto Draft Association.

I don't think the Pinto Draft Association takes crosses like this, either. They wouldn't take my Percheron/paint cross.
Posted via Mobile Device

Left Hand Percherons 04-24-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum (Post 2331841)
I don't think the Pinto Draft Association takes crosses like this, either. They wouldn't take my Percheron/paint cross.
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you ask Gail why he was rejected? Her requirements are very basic (same as NASDHA when they started), 1/2 draft or more, pinto (they even have a stock classification for the non colored). You do need first generation only.

Smokum 04-24-2013 02:15 PM

ohh... shoot.

All horses registered after January 1, 2001, must have both parents registered with NASDHA (as Premium, Regular, Breeding Stock, or Indexed) or one of the approved out crossed registries (see registration rules for more information
on acceptable registrations and grades).

I would more be looking at half draft registry ><

DraftyAiresMum 04-24-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Left Hand Percherons (Post 2331977)
Did you ask Gail why he was rejected? Her requirements are very basic (same as NASDHA when they started), 1/2 draft or more, pinto (they even have a stock classification for the non colored). You do need first generation only.

You know, I never asked. It was a couple of years ago when I first got Aires.
Posted via Mobile Device

Smokum 04-24-2013 03:38 PM

For the Pinto Draft Association it says

Division B. Pinto 1/2 Draft/Sport horse: 1/2 up to 7/8 with Pinto markings---must be 15 hands or over when mature.

Recognized Draft breeds: Percheron, Belgian, Clydesdale, Shire, Suffolk Punch and American Cream or combination of

Recognized Light horse breeds: TB, AQHA, Pinto, Paint Morgan, Arabian, Sport Horses and Gypsy Drum. No Appaloosa, Pony, Walking Horse, Racking Horse, American Saddlebred, Standardbred or Donkey bloodlines are allowed.

No where is APHA...

hmm...

What do you think about draft cross breeders and owners association?