The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Stories and Poems (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-stories-poems/)
-   -   Funny/scary/bad horse stories? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-stories-poems/funny-scary-bad-horse-stories-181369/)

Tobysthebesthorseever 04-24-2013 05:47 PM

Funny/scary/bad horse stories?
 
hi! im really curious to hear any horse stories you guys have!!! Funny, scary, bad (as in maybe green horse+green rider combos?) or any other stories i would love to hear!!!

i have two scary stories (maybe not for seasoned riders, but they scared me!!!)

1. The half-rear. I was riding this horse called Cinnamon, and lets just say that we did NOT get along well. He rode like an angel for a completely inexperienced rider (simply going in circles) but for me we disagreed. ALOT!!!! I wanted him to back up, because he did'nt stop where he was supposed to, and he got REALLY light in the front. he was less than two feet off the ground, but he did it twice, and worst of all-my friend-who is TERRIFIED of horses-was watching me struggle. NOT fun. I rode it out, got on his case, blah blah blah...but i haven't ridden him since. im not a seasoned rider by any stretch of the mind, but i knew enough that he was not supposed to do that and it scared me.

2. The trip-and-almost-fall-off. I was riding my lazy horse Toby in the arena at my barn. he simply forgot to put one foot in front of the other, and when he remebered, his foot sorta got caught on the ground and he fell forward. Thank goodness i was in the western saddle, otherwise i would have fallen off. It shook me and him up, but afterwards i was glad that it happened because it was one for situation that i knew i could handle. I was so scared, seeing my horse's head way down in front of me. i was so worried it was my fault, or that he had gotten hurt. thank goodness he caught himself with his knees, not his head. we checked him afterwards, no injury. my trainer said that he would be okay, though he wouldn't want to repeat the experiance. Since then, he's been a lot more energetic;-)

Now for your stories!!!!

BornToRun 04-24-2013 05:56 PM

I think my biggest scare was this winter when I was riding my gelding on the trails alone. He spooked, slipped on the ice, landed on top of me, and after I had pulled myself out from under him, he wouldn't get up. Turned out he was fine, just surprised.

Sereno 04-24-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobysthebesthorseever (Post 2334857)
hi! im really curious to hear any horse stories you guys have!!! Funny, scary, bad (as in maybe green horse+green rider combos?) or any other stories i would love to hear!!!

i have two scary stories (maybe not for seasoned riders, but they scared me!!!)

1. The half-rear. I was riding this horse called Cinnamon, and lets just say that we did NOT get along well. He rode like an angel for a completely inexperienced rider (simply going in circles) but for me we disagreed. ALOT!!!! I wanted him to back up, because he did'nt stop where he was supposed to, and he got REALLY light in the front. he was less than two feet off the ground, but he did it twice, and worst of all-my friend-who is TERRIFIED of horses-was watching me struggle. NOT fun. I rode it out, got on his case, blah blah blah...but i haven't ridden him since. im not a seasoned rider by any stretch of the mind, but i knew enough that he was not supposed to do that and it scared me.

2. The trip-and-almost-fall-off. I was riding my lazy horse Toby in the arena at my barn. he simply forgot to put one foot in front of the other, and when he remebered, his foot sorta got caught on the ground and he fell forward. Thank goodness i was in the western saddle, otherwise i would have fallen off. It shook me and him up, but afterwards i was glad that it happened because it was one for situation that i knew i could handle. I was so scared, seeing my horse's head way down in front of me. i was so worried it was my fault, or that he had gotten hurt. thank goodness he caught himself with his knees, not his head. we checked him afterwards, no injury. my trainer said that he would be okay, though he wouldn't want to repeat the experiance. Since then, he's been a lot more energetic;-)

Now for your stories!!!!

Sorry but didn't this just get done?

http://www.horseforum.com/horse-stor...e-tell-152454/

Tobysthebesthorseever 04-24-2013 07:29 PM

hmmmm....yeah, but i wanted to get more i guess. i like hearing horse stories.

Tobysthebesthorseever 04-24-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BornToRun (Post 2334985)
I think my biggest scare was this winter when I was riding my gelding on the trails alone. He spooked, slipped on the ice, landed on top of me, and after I had pulled myself out from under him, he wouldn't get up. Turned out he was fine, just surprised.


WHOO!!!! scary!!! same thing sorta happened to me, i was riding Cherokee, she slipped on some ice, all four legs slipping, i thought she was being naughty and was gonna hurt me, i grabbed a tree, and almost jumped off when she finally got her footing. all worked out fine.

I hope your'e okay!!!! That must've hurt ALOT!!! and on top of it worrying that your horse was hurt!!!!! That stinks. I'm glad that he and you got out of it fine and without injuries :D

Sereno 04-24-2013 07:33 PM

Ahhhh!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobysthebesthorseever (Post 2336041)
hmmmm....yeah, but i wanted to get more i guess. i like hearing horse stories.

was that not a thread about and being answered about what you asked for?

Two threads at the same time about the same thing with the same?

Tobysthebesthorseever 04-25-2013 03:15 PM

I'm kind of confused.

I'm relatively new to the forum. Is there a rule about having more than one thread on the same thing going on at the same time? If so, I'm sorry!!! I didn't mean to break a rule!:shock:

Shirekeldeo7 04-25-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobysthebesthorseever (Post 2345049)
I'm kind of confused.

I'm relatively new to the forum. Is there a rule about having more than one thread on the same thing going on at the same time? If so, I'm sorry!!! I didn't mean to break a rule!:shock:

I'm pretty sure you didn't break a rule im new her myself and no need to worry and Welcome to the forums you'll enjoy it here

Tobysthebesthorseever 04-26-2013 07:32 AM

Thanks. I love the forum. It's so helpful!

rememberourtroops 04-27-2013 02:06 PM

One of my scarest moments riding a horse was when I was riding a Shire geling named Morgran. There was realitivly low log that had fallen during a storm years before, one we had gone over many times. He basically just did a little hop over the fence he was so tall, it was heardly a challenge at all for him. Well I had him at a slow canter and he went right over like he always used to do. As his front hooves touched the ground I heard something snap and then he fumbled a little before cantering forward a few steps. In the mean time I am trying to get him to stop but he is not paying any attention to me at all. He took a few more stumbling step and started to go down, I bailed. I was fine but Morgran was not, he had to be put down where he lay.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0