The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   Horseback Gameess.? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/horseback-gameess-18150/)

Jakkii 11-23-2008 04:14 AM

Horseback Gameess.?

:Dok well any one got any good games to play on horse back?? Sometimes riding around in circles can get a little boringg LOL.. so i was going to try some new games to improve my horses confidence. any ideas.??

jazzyrider 11-23-2008 06:48 AM

flags, barrels, bending, bounce pony...many of the pony club type games are great for teaching many things...bounce pony is GREAT for teaching a horse to lift his feet

let me know if you need videos or instructions on any of these games. i can get that sorted for you in a day or two :D

Joshie 11-23-2008 01:53 PM

You can play horse. You can have a ball and throw it to someone if you hit them or if they drop it you get a point (or they get an H). If they catch the ball they get a point.

We also run around trying to hit one another with a swim noodle. Another game we play is to set up obstacles in the round pen and have the people behind you copy your movements around the obstacles. It's fun when you can copy your instructor and he messes up copying your movements. :wink:

moomoo 11-23-2008 02:10 PM

what is bouncy pony?

jazzyrider 11-23-2008 10:23 PM

bounce pony is six jumps set up one stride apart. they are about 1' high. you start at one end and cruise over them. there is a peg at the other end that you go around and then fly home. ideally your horse wont have to actually jump but rather they go over the jumps as part of their stride. it does make them pick up their feet though otherwise it can get nasty :)

moomoo 11-24-2008 12:57 PM

oh ok :-) we have done that before but with 5 i think, misty hates bounces it was like riding a kangaroo and she had a big POd headshake at the end of the jumps (which is bad for moo!) lol

Jakkii 12-19-2008 07:22 PM

thanks guys.
muchh apreciated!!:)

Midwest Paint 12-20-2008 07:07 AM

Setting up challenge courses perhaps for you and yours to ride through can be fun and educational.. LOL!

Lots of great ideas so far!