The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Rider Wellness (http://www.horseforum.com/rider-wellness/)
-   -   If you get headaches... (http://www.horseforum.com/rider-wellness/if-you-get-headaches-181617/)

MyBoyPuck 04-24-2013 11:29 PM

If you get headaches...

Just had to share this with anyone who is plagued by headaches, specifically migranes. I had been having them with increasing frequency over the past few years. It's just absolutely no fun to waste an entire day trying not to move so you don't barf, isn't it? Anyway, someone recently told me about CoQ-10. I'm still not sure what it is supposed to do, or even what it is, but I started taking it 3 weeks ago and have not had a headache since. It might be coincidence, but that's 2 weeks longer than I've gone without one in years, so I am very hopeful that I have found a very inexpensive magic cure for those **** headaches. If you suffer from them, give it a try.

Kayella 04-24-2013 11:34 PM

I've had headaches/migraines almost every day for the past 6 years. What is that stuff exactly? Where do you buy it? I'd definitely be interested as the migraines are becoming way too frequent recently for my liking.

MyBoyPuck 04-24-2013 11:51 PM

It's in the vitamin aisle at any store that sells that stuff. I honestly don't know what it does. Just heard about it from a friend and was desparate so I gave it a try. I've since found out grapefruit juice magnifies the effect which is why it might be working so well for me. I drink a lot of grapefruit juice.

Kayella 04-25-2013 12:09 AM

I'll have to try that! Thanks :)

BarrelracingArabian 04-25-2013 12:32 AM

I've seen commercials for the stuff but can't remember what it said right now. Maybe ill give it a try, I was out on migraine prevention meds 2 yrs ago but they only work if I catch the migraine in time.

Saddlebag 04-26-2013 08:08 AM

We can also get headaches/migraine in rebound from taking pain medication and that is one tough cycle to break. I've noticed a reduction in frequency and severity since I started drinking about 3 oz. of kombucha tea daily for about two months. It's loaded with probiotics, especially the B complex which helps relax the body. I'm also sleeping better. One can buy it but so much cheaper to make and is actually better.

aforred 04-27-2013 04:10 PM

CoQ10 is Coenzyme Q 10, in case anyone is interested in doing some research on it.