The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Greetings from Ohio!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/greetings-ohio-18173/)

Hoofprints in the Sand 11-23-2008 05:41 PM

Greetings from Ohio!!!

Hi everyone!

So here's a little bit about me -- I've loved horses since I was a little girl, but wasn't lucky enough to grow up around them (unless you count my My Little Pony collection!)

Two years ago, I started taking riding lessons, and it was all over! I knew I wanted to pursue my dream of one day owning one of these beautiful creatures! So after a couple years of lessons and half leases, I finally started getting serious and looking for a horse of my very own.

I found her 2 weeks ago...a beautiful little Buckskin mare named "Sandie". Her owners rescued her from a farm in the area that had 53 malnourished and abused horses...I was SO sad to hear about her past, but grateful for the wonderful owners who saved her from what could have been a terrible fate.

Despite her past ordeals, she is a WONDERFUL horse with a great attitude, just the sweetest mare I've ever met! She and I are just starting to get to know each other, and I think we're going to go great places together. I kept her name "Sandie", which her previous owners (the ones who rescued her) had named her -- she's almost 8 years old, but they wanted to change her name so that she wouldn't hear the old one and have to remember those bad times. So as soon as I get her papers, I'm re-registering her for that same reason, under the name "Hoofprints in the Sand". She's getting a new identity and a wonderful new life with our family, and I couldn't be more excited!

TwendeHaraka 11-23-2008 07:39 PM

Welcome to the HF. (:
I'm from Ohio, too... my 4H took in a horse that was one of many to be shut up and left in a barn around here.

Have fun.
(:

PoptartShop 11-23-2008 10:31 PM

Welcome to the Horse Forum! :D

Kirsti Arndt 11-24-2008 08:08 AM

that is a beatiful name, welcome and best of luck and great fun with your mare,

FGRanch 11-24-2008 10:22 AM

Welcome. Kudos to you for getting a rescue!! ( I have a few myself) :D

buckaroo2010 11-24-2008 06:03 PM

Welcome to the Horse Forum!
Nice to meet you:-)

kickshaw 11-25-2008 06:30 PM