The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Reining (http://www.horseforum.com/reining/)
-   -   I Bought Myself A Reiner... (http://www.horseforum.com/reining/i-bought-myself-reiner-181761/)

ReiningCrazy 04-25-2013 10:14 AM

I Bought Myself A Reiner...

I normally am not a big poster but am always reading and trying to learn more from people on here. Well I thought I would share my big news... I bought myself a horse on Monday... this is my first horse.

How does one introduce their horse? Hmm lets see..
Name: Great Gun Deal
Barn Name: Lionel
DOB: May 8th, 2010
Colour: Buckskin
Markings: 4 White Socks, Huge White Blaze, 2 Blue Eyes

Lionel is by Gun Dealer (NRHA 2010 Limited Open World Champion) who I absolutely love! Hopefully Lionel will take after his daddy in looks and personality, so far so good. For a 3 year old he is really calm and quiet, you wouldnt think he was still a colt (was left a colt for resale value but now that I bought him he will be gelded after the show season).

I dont think it really has set in that I own him as he is still in training and will be shown in a couple futurities this year if he is ready. So I will not be riding him until he turns 4 and he will still be shown by my trainer when he is 4, and I will start showing him when he is 5 in Green as Grass.

What else does a person say about a horse that she has seen born and raised but has only own for 3 days?

I cannot post pictures on here right now but will be adding a few. I have a picture of him in my barn (please excuse the sweat marks, I took a quick photo after my trainer unsaddled him before he was groomed) Hopefully the weather up here gets really nice and I can get some nice pictures of the two of us.

franknbeans 04-25-2013 10:16 AM

Congrats! We will look for you at some of the NY shows!

Lopin N Paint 04-25-2013 07:47 PM

Congrats. I'm looking to purchase my first Reiner as well! Your guy looks and sounds super nice on paper, I can't wait to see some more photos!

SlideStop 05-02-2013 08:19 PM

Photos, photos, photos?!?! I can't see them on my phone.

Congrats! :) That must be an unreal feeling.

I can't wait to graduate so I can buy myself the best gift ever.... And then I'll be seeing you guys at the NY shows too! ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

franknbeans 05-02-2013 09:13 PM

OK-who will be in Syracuse end of may?

Lopin N Paint 05-02-2013 09:21 PM

What's in Syracuse? Lol

franknbeans 05-02-2013 09:43 PM

HomeCNYRHA show.

SlideStop 05-02-2013 09:45 PM

I will be.... In 2 years from now ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

Lopin N Paint 05-02-2013 10:27 PM

Thanks I think I'm gunna go to watch!

franknbeans 05-02-2013 10:33 PM

Let me know as it gets closer I will be there some of the time.....with my friend and her gunner horse.