The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Miniature Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/miniature-horses/)
-   -   Opinions on conditions and grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/miniature-horses/opinions-conditions-grooming-182377/)

Swampy 04-26-2013 01:51 AM

Opinions on conditions and grooming

1 Attachment(s)
was just wondering on his overall condition. we have only just got him a few months ago was quite sickly when arrived. i understand that he need a bit more of a top line but overall is there anything else that may need to be changed?

as for grooming i know his mane and forelock need to be thinned but how much of a bridle path would you recommend for this horse?

and is there anything else that may need to be adjusted.

p.s this was just a quick clip to see what was under him and keep a better eye on his condition

thanks

Swampy 05-06-2013 03:37 AM

any opinions are welcome

and wolud you recommend getting a cable halter or a thicker one. the one he has on is a little small just brought a cheapish one to go for sizing

Swampy 05-06-2013 03:44 AM

any opinions are welcome

and wolud you recommend getting a cable halter or a thicker one. the one he has on is a little small just brought a cheapish one to go for sizing

Swampy 05-06-2013 04:06 AM

5 Attachment(s)
some more photos of him

stevenson 05-06-2013 04:25 AM

he does not look sickly. and I dont see any bones sticking out ..not ribby etc.
You can find nylon mini halters, the wider the straps the milder .

Swampy 05-06-2013 04:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
this was him when he first arrived he has been with us for about 2 months now was infected with worms and had no muscle and top line.

yer he normally has a nylon halter on but for showing because he seem to have a large head would it be better to go for a thicker halter rather then a cable?