The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Chiropractic work in Texas (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/chiropractic-work-texas-182801/)

SullysRider 04-26-2013 05:37 PM

Chiropractic work in Texas

Alright fellow Texans I need your help. So my horse has what we believe to be a vertebra out. So of course I go to have a chiropractor out, but then I find out about this whole doctor referal thing! So how does it work? Do I have to get one every time I want the chiropractor out? My horse had chiropractic work done before but the lady wasn't certified or anything per say, she was I don't know how to explain it lol. She did chiropractic work but was a "natural healing" person idk lol. I would like for him to be on regular chiropractic work but if that would get way more expensive if I have to have the vet come out to do a referal!
Posted via Mobile Device

greentree 04-26-2013 06:20 PM

What part o fTexas are you in?

Nancy

SullysRider 04-26-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greentree (Post 2357257)
What part o fTexas are you in?

Nancy

NW Houston
Posted via Mobile Device

Aesthetic 04-26-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SullysRider (Post 2357345)
NW Houston
Posted via Mobile Device

Gerald does AMAZING work. No matter how your horse acts. He often shows up in Waller Equine. Only on fridays though. Is that within your area? I can see if he goes elsewhere.

Aesthetic 04-26-2013 06:49 PM

And I think he charges only $35 a horse. I haven't needed chiropratic work done on a horse in a while.

SullysRider 04-26-2013 06:57 PM

Thanks, but I already know who I'm going to use I just need to figure out the whole doctor referral thing
Posted via Mobile Device

Aesthetic 04-26-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SullysRider (Post 2357633)
Thanks, but I already know who I'm going to use I just need to figure out the whole doctor referral thing
Posted via Mobile Device

A referral as in an 'appointment'? Who are you using. It might help.

mammakatja 04-26-2013 06:59 PM

Since we're on the subject of chiropractors in Texas, what about north of Dallas? Like between McKinney and Sherman? Not wanting to steal the thread, just borrowing a fellow Texan's thread. ;)

Aesthetic 04-26-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mammakatja (Post 2357673)
Since we're on the subject of chiropractors in Texas, what about north of Dallas? Like between McKinney and Sherman? Not wanting to steal the thread, just borrowing a fellow Texan's thread. ;)

Out there a friend of mine uses either Turquoise Animal Chiropratic or Grissome Equine Chiropractic. Hope that helps (:

SullysRider 04-26-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mammakatja (Post 2357673)

Haha it's fine!
Posted via Mobile Device