The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barn Maintenance (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/)
-   -   Decorating for the Holidays (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/decorating-holidays-18299/)

free_sprtd 11-25-2008 03:56 PM

Decorating for the Holidays

Do you or anyone at your barn, or one that you know of decorate for the holidays? Do you have a holiday party? Just curious!

wyleeluver 11-25-2008 04:23 PM

The barn I board at used to hang little stockings on each stall door and put treats in each one, until a horse got out of his stall and ate all the peppermints in the stockings(including the wrappers)! Now they just have Chritmas lights outside and they have a Christmas tree in the office :)

We have a Christmas party every year at this fancy resteraunt but I don't think im going to be invited this year because were leaving before christmas

kickshaw 11-25-2008 10:21 PM

the ASB barn I worked at always had a tree decorating party with appetizers and coffee.

the RBATF (really big arab training facility) I worked at always had a Christmas show they put on, and a sleepover for the kids

...at our 5 stall barn, we play christmas music and exchange gifts, but that's it!

bgood400 11-27-2008 08:52 PM

we having a boarding stable and we put stockings on the doors and do some decorations outside. and we bought 2 reall little trees for outside

We Control The Chaos 12-04-2008 11:18 PM

My barn LOVES having partys. If it's a holiday, they are decorating and planning something fun. I love it.

We are having a Holiday Show/Party. They are going to have fun games for the kids, and jumper classes, for the more competitive ones. :) Along with games for the non-horsey people. Alot of people are putting a drill team routine together. We have a terditional holiday dinner and just enjoy being together.

They decorate all around the barn with garland, and hang stockings up in the front of our fencing. They arn't done so i have no idea whats coming next!

I'll take some pictures. :)

wanderlust 12-05-2008 12:03 AM

Oh geeze....tonight we spent quite a while doing more decorating. There are lights, and trees, and stockings. And they play Christmas music over the speaker in one of the stables.

There will be a big christmas party with everyone from the barn invited.

Dartanion 12-10-2008 12:30 PM

I've just moved over to my friends place and I've hung a stocking on his stall door but I doubt we're going to have a party since it would just be the two of us (then her hubby and my soon to be hubby).

PoptartShop 12-10-2008 03:46 PM

:D Yes! My barn we hang stockings all over the stall doors, & the BO puts up lights (her house is nearby)- it looks so pretty!

MirrorStage2009 12-13-2008 07:12 PM

I've never been at a barn that does anything nice or fun during the holidays. :cry: I honestly don't think I've been somewhere that even verbally says "Happy Holidays" to me?! Well...Bah-humbug. :wink:

kershkova 12-16-2008 03:44 PM

at my barn we hung up a stocking and a holiday sign for each horse on their door and we have some other decorations hung up.