The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Stallions and Broodmares (http://www.horseforum.com/stallions-broodmares/)
-   -   Skip N My Assets Cremello AQHA Stallion (http://www.horseforum.com/stallions-broodmares/skip-n-my-assets-cremello-aqha-183217/)

Dreamcatcher Arabians 04-27-2013 12:14 PM

Skip N My Assets Cremello AQHA Stallion

The more I get to know this horse, the better I like him. Skip N My Assets Quarter Horse

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...ps9bb0aeed.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...psd601b8e4.jpg

I'm pretty tough on my stallions, it doesn't take a whole lot to convince me to geld them. So far, even as a 3 year old, Skip has been super easy to handle and train. He loves attention, loves to be ridden and even at a show doesn't turn into a jerk around mares.

He's still got a lot of proving to do, he's only been shown a few times and needs to do a lot more. He's started out well, the judges seem to like him a lot, which I wasn't sure would be the case. So far, he's winning in decent sized classes and has minded his manners very well.

We bred him to one mare last year, unfortunately, she colicked and lost the foal. This year, we've bred him to one mare and we're waiting on a preg check and will be breeding him to one more. Last year, he didn't miss a beat after breeding the mare, his attitude never changed. So far, this year he's been exactly the same, sweet, mellow and no change is his attitude. After one more mare, we'll see if he stays sweet and easy.

The mares we've chosen for him this year haven't been live covered, so he's learned to jump a phantom and be collected. He's been real easy about that too.

My criteria for keeping a horse a stallion are pretty strict. First, he's got to pass the temperament test. If he fails that, nothing else matters, he's a gelding. Then he's got to have good conformation, if he's a club footed, satchel headed mess.....that's it for him right away. Athleticism is very important, if he's good at his job and easy to ride, and is cooperative while he's learning, that's very important to me. So far, Skip is passing his tests but we're still very much in the "wait and see" phase of his development.

The final test and the one that will trump everything else is, do I like his foals. Are they good natured foals? Are they good to look at? Are they easy to work with? If mom is good natured and dad is good natured but the foals all come out to be little terrorists......snip snip. If I don't like how they look....snip snip. :lol:

dbarabians 04-27-2013 04:16 PM

i like the looks of that horse.
Are you going to offer him to the public any time soon?
I have a QH mare that I would like to breed this year or next.
I want a stallion that can help refine her. She is a big girl 15.3 and araound 1300lbs. She is double bred Te n Te , with Hancock and Leo lines numerous in the pedigree.
I might have to make a trip to OK to check this boy out.
Oh and i am glad that I am not the only arabian owner that branches out. LOL Shalom

Dreamcatcher Arabians 04-27-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbarabians (Post 2366481)
i like the looks of that horse.
Are you going to offer him to the public any time soon?
I have a QH mare that I would like to breed this year or next.
I want a stallion that can help refine her. She is a big girl 15.3 and araound 1300lbs. She is double bred Te n Te , with Hancock and Leo lines numerous in the pedigree.
I might have to make a trip to OK to check this boy out.
Oh and i am glad that I am not the only arabian owner that branches out. LOL Shalom

:lol: Variety is the spice of life!

I would stand him to a very FEW outside mares this year. I intend to nominate him to the NSBA Futurity so this would be a good year to breed to him. Since he's got a lot of halter in his pedigree, his foals should do well in the first couple years in hand futurities and then on to lunge line and then saddled up. Since NSBA is paying over $70/point, I figure it's a good one to get him into.

So, if you're thinkin' you need to come north for a visit, well, Y'all Come, y'hear?

deserthorsewoman 04-27-2013 07:06 PM

Boy do I wish I was closer....I'd bring my Snipper in no time....can you imagine, 20 or so lines to Skipper W AND palomino?

Dreamcatcher Arabians 04-27-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deserthorsewoman (Post 2367457)
Boy do I wish I was closer....I'd bring my Snipper in no time....can you imagine, 20 or so lines to Skipper W AND palomino?

Well, he DOES ship, now....:lol:

deserthorsewoman 04-27-2013 10:19 PM

I know. But we decided not to breed anymore and the only excuse which would work would be 'come ooooon, he's right around the corner"......;-)
plus, I'm having such a hard time selling foals........;-)

Dreamcatcher Arabians 04-27-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deserthorsewoman (Post 2369225)
I know. But we decided not to breed anymore and the only excuse which would work would be 'come ooooon, he's right around the corner"......;-)
plus, I'm having such a hard time selling foals........;-)

LOL! Oh very well! But you know, a palomino or buckskin will always sell...:hide:

deserthorsewoman 04-27-2013 10:27 PM

:shock:Enabler.....

Now, if I had a red Arab girl too......two foals, one a definite keeper...*slaps herself*....:-)

HorseLovinLady 04-27-2013 10:53 PM

He's gorgeous!! I'm partial to cremellos of course! ;-)

Dreamcatcher Arabians 04-28-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deserthorsewoman (Post 2369329)
:shock:Enabler.....

Now, if I had a red Arab girl too......two foals, one a definite keeper...*slaps herself*....:-)

LOL.....well you know.........Khadraja Bey IS for sale....and she's already made a gorgeous Pal-o-green-o....We named her Anna Nichole...