The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Progressive lesson (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/progressive-lesson-18332/)

Jehanzeb 11-26-2008 04:10 AM

Progressive lesson

Morning all,

I had a good lesson last night. I would call it as a progressive lesson as our original instructor came back for last night lesson. (some of you who doesn't know she didn't come since we had a whining lesson two weeks ago).

Anyhow, We started off by asking her that she should push us further as we are confident enough to do Cantering and would like to try jumping poles.

She didn't mind and set up poles for us to try out. Usually she wouldn't have done this as she thinks we are not ready for all this but I think other senior instructors did tell her how we were in their two lessons for past two weeks and so she realized that treating us "like kids" is not going to help us at all.

We were quite good according to her on jumping and as a result week after next, we're going to have a little competition between us and whoever is going to win is going to get a certificate and a box of celebrations :D.

I can't wait to get into this competition! Bring it On!!!

(ok I did say bring it on and I did say I am going to win this however I don't know how am I going to win it. So guys HELP! :oops:) hahaha...:D

Regards

southafrica1001 11-26-2008 10:28 AM

Nice to hear that you are progressing :D.
Oh and good luck with the competition. Our instructor did that once, nothing like a friendly competition to help improve your riding :D.

mom3x 11-26-2008 11:26 AM

groovy!

Jehanzeb 11-26-2008 11:34 AM

Ooo yaa!

Any tips will be welcomed :-)

So far we have done, trotting, cantering, jumping over a pole recently, circling around 20m area, trotting without stirrups.

Regards