The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Which Tall Boots are best? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/tall-boots-best-183489/)

EventingxxElise 04-27-2013 09:33 PM

Which Tall Boots are best?

I need them to be slim at the ankle.
I was looking at
~ Ariat Monoco Field boots
~Mountain Horse Supreme High Rider Field Boot
~Ariat Heritage Contour Zip Field Boot
~Ariat Quantum Crowne Pro Zip Field Boot

All these can be found on Dover Saddlery's website

Bagheera 04-27-2013 09:47 PM

I've had several problems with the zippers on Ariat tall boots breaking and I'm not super familiar with the Mountain Horse brand. I would recommend trying whichever boot you like at a tack store before ordering though. That way you can before sure of the fit since each brand fits fairly differently.

EventingxxElise 04-28-2013 10:53 AM

My last zipper on my Ariat's broke, then i got the Mountain Horse Venice Field Boots and I love them. I think I am Going to go with the Mountain Horse Supreme High Rider. Thanks for your advice

heymckate 04-29-2013 09:33 PM

My Mountain Horse Firenze boots (same as Venice, just dress instead of field boots) lasted about a year and a half... and the zipper on one of them died this past weekend. I'm pretty sad because once I broke them in those were some surprisingly comfortable boots.

I'm heading to try some various Ariat and Mountain Horse boots on Saturday, but right now I'm leaning towards the Mountain Horse Richmond. I'll be eyeballing the zippers on all those boots though. Tall boots cost too much money for a zipper to seriously break after only a year and a half and very mild use.

kitten_Val 04-30-2013 09:47 AM

I can't say enough about my Mt Horse tall boots. Super comfy!

P.S. I had issues with zippers on Ariats as well...

caseymyhorserocks 05-02-2013 10:42 PM

I have Baroque Field Boots, made by Tuffrider, they for sale on SmartPak. I LOVE them. The leather is amazing. I cant really say how well they have held up as I have only worn them half a dozen times (shows), but they broke in instantly.

chukka 05-03-2013 06:00 PM

At an equine affair, I recently purchased Annie's from B-Vertigo. You can buy them online at Horze.com. They have a great design and square toe, and are slim and attractive. I especially loved the brown accent along the sole. I was not expecting to buy new boots and had my heart set on Ariat field boots. But afterwards I tried the Annie's and immediately felt better quality, like they custom fit to my leg, ankle, and calf. I purchased a regular calf which at first was nervous about because I am usually a slim but the calf run slim and they ended up fitting perfectly!

countercanter 05-03-2013 06:39 PM

They are all pretty nice boots. I have had issues with Ariat zippers as well but it was very inexpensive to get the zippers replaced. Ariats have always fit me very well so I see it as a small price to pay. One warning about the Monacos though, do not wear them every ride. The leather is amazingly soft which makes for zero break in time...but they wear quickly because they are so soft.