The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Roping (http://www.horseforum.com/roping/)
-   -   random act of awesome sportsmanship?? (http://www.horseforum.com/roping/random-act-awesome-sportsmanship-183521/)

Roperchick 04-27-2013 11:19 PM

random act of awesome sportsmanship??

So there I was....at one of the only roping arenas on island watching some guys team rope.....

And out of the blue one of the guys rides over to the fence, waves me over, and asks if I'd like to ride?! Well duh!

So he just hops right off his super awesome mare and let's me climb on, while he gets on his other gelding.

We get to talking as we ride and find out he's a header. .well super convenient that I'm a heeler right? Lol so he continues to blow my mind and offers me a heeling rope and off we go to the chutes to team rope for 4 hours!!! I have officially died and gone to heaven by this point, when again...for like the bazillionth time he offers to let me ride with them next weekend....

Okay...maybe I can like Hawaii now....

I mean really...I'm all for letting friends use my horses and I have on countless occasions loaned out my horses for friends at rodeos and brandings etc when they need another mount, but singling someone (well admittedly I was the only one in the bleachers with a very I'm sure longing look on my face...who can blame me? I haven't roped in 3 yrs and its sooo addicting) out to come ride your horse and then give wm a rope and let them rope with you foe four hours....awesome.

So yes. Castle today= Mind. BLOWN.

Am I the only one this has happened to????

smrobs 04-27-2013 11:26 PM

That's really awesome!

All the ropers I've ever been around were always really great people, sharing their horses if someone had one end up lame in the middle of an event, and generally being wonderful ambassadors for the sport.

That is just too cool that he invited you back as well. Lucky dog :D.

Cacowgirl 04-27-2013 11:27 PM

Very cool! Glad you had a great time.

Casey02 04-27-2013 11:56 PM

That's great to hear!

Roperchick 04-27-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smrobs (Post 2369321)
That's really awesome!

All the ropers I've ever been around were always really great people, sharing their horses if someone had one end up lame in the middle of an event, and generally being wonderful ambassadors for the sport.

That is just too cool that he invited you back as well. Lucky dog :D.

Same here! Honestly IMO the roping community is even more close knit than any other haha

I'm he same like your horse is lame? Take mine? Your horse is being an ass?? Here u go use Scooty haha but going to a stranger in the stands and handing the reins over o.O?? Lol

ropinbiker 04-29-2013 12:39 PM

That's awesome to hear!

Were you at the arena south of k-bay?

I was stationed there for 3 years in the late 80's/early90's.

tinyliny 04-29-2013 01:12 PM

I think , though I've never met you, you are probably a pretty good looker, and he saw that. What a great experience.

Where is this? are you on Oahu?

Roperchick 04-29-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ropinbiker (Post 2380922)
That's awesome to hear!

Were you at the arena south of k-bay?

I was stationed there for 3 years in the late 80's/early90's.

We were at Kualoa Ranch which is only like 7miles north of k-bay

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyliny (Post 2381154)
I think , though I've never met you, you are probably a pretty good looker, and he saw that. What a great experience.

Where is this? are you on Oahu?

Haha tiny he was married lol and yes I'm on oahu

bsms 04-29-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roperchick (Post 2381722)
...Haha tiny he was married lol and yes I'm on oahu

That's OK. I've been happily married for 26 years, but still find it easier to be nice to a cute girl than an ugly guy! :wink: I also find it easier to be nice to people who like horses...not sure why, but that is the way it falls!

maura 04-29-2013 05:19 PM

Roperchick,

If you're ever at Tripler (and I hope not!) the really good lookin' trauma surgery fellow is my nephew.

Hope you're enjoying HI.

Awesome story, btw! Hope you had a blast!