The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Still recovering from bad fall (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/still-recovering-bad-fall-183873/)

teresa60 04-28-2013 06:18 PM

Still recovering from bad fall

2 months ago I had a very bad fall from a horse ,it was not his fault .I broke my wrist (doc's put a metal plate in my wrist) broke 3 ribs on the same side, pulled muscles in my shoulder,and lot's of bruises.

I am so anxious 2 ride agian but on my horse.My wrist is still really sore but I will not let that stop me,in the morning I plan on trying 2 saddle Diamond (his saddle is heavy), if that goes well I will ride him.
Wish me luck :-)
If u look at my picture w/Diamond my wrist is still in the brace.

Sereno 04-28-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teresa60 (Post 2374849)
2 months ago I had a very bad fall from a horse ,it was not his fault .I broke my wrist (doc's put a metal plate in my wrist) broke 3 ribs on the same side, pulled muscles in my shoulder,and lot's of bruises.

I am so anxious 2 ride agian but on my horse.My wrist is still really sore but I will not let that stop me,in the morning I plan on trying 2 saddle Diamond (his saddle is heavy), if that goes well I will ride him.
Wish me luck :-)
If u look at my picture w/Diamond my wrist is still in the brace.

I feel for you BUT YOU need time to heal.

Wife and I riding up in the hills. I see 4 or 5 vultures feeding off to the side of the road 20 feet away. I turn my horse to tell my wife. Vultures flare (6 foot wing spans). I had turned my horse but she did not get the chance.

Chican reared and twisted sending my wife up and as she came down Chican's hind quarter hit her and she landed 15 feet away on the side of the road... and we are in the middle of no-where.

Tied my horse and gave basic first aid. A truck was coming down the road and stopped and we loaded her in for the hospital. I grabbed my horse and galloped harder then he had ever done before... or me.

A couple of miles of this and we saw my wife on her horse????? Someone had caught him running down the road going to the stables. My wife and I rode back to the stables slowly with me watching her like a hawk.

Next morning to the hospital. FIVE broken ribs. It took over a year to recover. Doctors don't know HOW she could get back on that horse or how she could endure the pain for one night.

SHE had a plane flight out the next day and ... took all of us to say... NO WAY.

She was in the saddle again in 6 months but very controlled and slow as she built up her muscles. Things take time and everyone has different pain levels and rates of healing and then to build back up again. Some of it is in our heads and some time to build up again.

Give yourself the proper amount of time and ... start back slow and easy.

Good luck.

Edit note: NOTHING wrong with asking for a little help getting your saddle on or off. My wife still uses it 3 years later. lol